We are seeking various Public Relations positions to join our team for a six month assignment!
Social Media Specialist: Draft and oversee social media content for Client social media platforms. Monitor social media activity in order to keep the Assistant Secretary and Deputy Assistant Secretaries apprised of information pertinent to the Department and its public affairs equities. Assists with the coordination, development and implementation of strategic communications plans for Client and components agencies’ policy and initiatives through social media for the Client through the best possible utilization of social media.
Assist in the coordination the planning, drafting, editing, approving and publication of web content to the Client website. Working with the Client Web Publishing team, the Web Content Specialist coordinates content approvals with subject matter experts and web content managers across the department to ensure that objectives are met and a high degree of effectiveness is maintained.
In addition, support includes:
1. Assisting with editing all content for Client website in accordance with strategic communication goals and best practices in user-centric web design.
2. Reviews content prior to publication to ensure compliance with Section 508, W3C, and organization's standards and regulations.
3. Ensures materials for posting on Client website are presented in the most effective and efficient manner to accurately communicate the agency’s message to a vast array of audiences who use the Internet for informational purposes.
4. Writes additional information or rewrites portions of web content to ensure accuracy and readability.
5. Ensures that web content reflects logical, sequential organization; contains correct grammar, syntax, spelling, and punctuation; and conforms to publication style and format, while retaining to the maximum degree possible the author's unique writing style and methods of expression.
6. Updates text, photography, video, slideshows and other materials and manages prominent web content and promotional features to ensure freshness and relevance.
7. Uses the Web Publishing team inbox and ensures all routine publications are posted on time, all incoming requests are published in a timely manner and the inbox is maintained in a professional manner.
A minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience supporting Clients to include federal Clients.
Must have excellent writing and editing skills with experience developing a variety of communication products, including, but not limited to speeches, articles, blogs, websites, information reports and publications, news releases, briefings, talking points, presentations, informational publications and briefing documents, web and social media content.
Must have experience in developing and delivering professional products and services in a fast paced professional environment.
Proven to proactive and solutions oriented with the ability to integrate disparate and relevant information to provide “bigger picture” answers.
Must have the ability to grasp the tone and voice of disparate audiences and explain complex legislation and technical verbiage into simple, concise manner for various audiences.
Proven success in working in a fast-paced environment, but independently and collaboratively as a team.
Must be able to maintain a positive and professional attitude in working with internal and external stakeholders, colleagues and Clients.
Must be US citizens or US persons as defined by ITAR and shall be cleared with the Office of Security, Physical Security Division and the Visitor Management Office. All will be subject to a favorable background investigation by Government Agency.
- Design and maintain a favorable public image for the organization
- Coordinate all public relations activities and events
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new business contacts
- Develop and implement media relations programs
- Work with other departments to help promote brand recognition
- Assist in the selection of marketing and promotional materials
- Previous experience in public relations or other related fields
- Familiarity with social media marketing strategies
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented