Barista & Restaurant Server
- Posted: over a month ago
- $8 to $14 Hourly
$500 Sign on Bonus with first pay out after 30 days.
Hotel Equities, a multi-award-winning hotel development and hospitality management company, is currently searching for a remarkable Barista & AM Server for the Crowne Plaza, KC Downtown.
Warm, knowledgeable service and helpful guidance reassure guests they’ve made the right choice to stay with us.
- Uses checklists to insure that operational and cleaning standards are being met.
- Plays a leadership role in developing positive work experience for team members that results in a positive guest experience for customers.
- Plays an integral part in day to day operations and is familiar and comfortable with all task functions.
- In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Perform any general cleaning tasks using approved brand cleaning products as assigned by manager to adhere to health standards.
- Completes all assigned side work to include replenishing condiments and restocking side stands.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as answering telephones and handle special guest requests, and greet guests according to Full Steam Coffee Shop guidelines.
- Attend required meetings.
Qualifications and Requirements:
High School diploma /Secondary qualification or equivalent.
Experience with Marriott, Hilton, IHG, Wyndham or Hyatt processes and standards.
This job requires the ability to perform the following:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Must have basic knowledge of beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
Is familiar with and implements all procedures required by company policies and procedures.
Maintains a positive attitude and open communication with other departments within the Company.
Interacts positively with customers.
Directly involved in training of all Baristas and ensures all proper training paperwork and classes are completed.
Fills out and ensures correct completion of all daily and weekly checklists.
Knowledge of the appropriate store setup.
Ability to read, write and speak the English language sufficient to understand menus, special promotions, record orders, and communicate with guests to explain and record orders.
Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
Ability to operate beverage equipment.
Ability to operate a keyboard and learn Point of Sale procedures.
Must obtain any government required licenses or certificates. CPR certification and/or 1st Aid Training preferred. SERVSAFE is a plus or training related to HACCP
- Being passionate about people and service.
- Strong communication skills are essential when interacting with guests and employees.
- Reading and writing abilities are used often when completing paperwork, logging issues/complaints/requests/ information updates, etc.
- Basic math skills are used frequently when handling cash or credit.
- Problem-solving, reasoning, motivating, and training abilities are often used.
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and/or holidays
Amazing Benefits At A Glance:
- Team Driven and Values Based Culture
- Free onsite employee parking
- Free Meals
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
- Same-day pay available
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career Growth Opportunities/ Manager Training Program
- Reduced Room Rates throughout the portfolio
- Third Party Perks (Movie Tickets, Attractions, Other)
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
- Parental leave
- Referral program
Crowne Plaza Kansas City Downtown
AddressKansas City, MO
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?