- Expired: January 24, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hotel Equities, a multi-award-winning hotel development and hospitality management company, is currently searching for a remarkable Security for the Crowne Plaza in Downtown, Kansas City, MO.
Search for, respond to and handle any security problems, issues, concerns and disaster emergency situations in accordance with all policies, procedures and regulations to ensure the safety and security of the hotel's assets, guests, and employees. Warm, knowledgeable service and helpful guidance reassure guests they’ve made the right choice to stay with us.
- Patrol all areas of the hotel property including outside parking lots. Note, search for, handle and report any unusual circumstances, safety violations, car theft, destruction and/or suspicious or undesirable persons and escort off property, if necessary.
- Document a concise security report on a daily log including incidents of theft, accidents and safety violations.
- Complete the necessary security forms to document losses of property or personal injury to guest or employee.
- Maintain familiarity of all hotel disaster and emergency policies, procedures and regulations; respond immediately to emergency alarms or calls for help, determine course of action, notify appropriate authorities and perform first aid and CPR as needed.
- Conduct investigations of security incidents.
- Enforce the 'No Solicitation Policy' of the hotel.
- OTHER DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain security of hotel key system; issue and receive keys.
- Escort and witness cash handling as needed.
- Assist in shipping and receiving operations.
Qualifications and Requirements:
High School diploma /Secondary qualification or equivalent.
Experience with Marriott, Hilton, IHG, Wyndham or Hyatt processes and standards.
This job requires the ability to perform the following:
- Excellent hearing required to communicate with guests, employees, managers, use radio.
- Excellent vision required for emergencies, visual safety inspections.
- Excellent speech communication skills required to communicate with guests, employees, managers, use radio
- Excellent comprehension and literacy required to complete reports, logs.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying: May be necessary to carry people or equipment in emergency situation.
- Bending/kneeling would be necessary in administering CPR and First Aid.
- Mobility - would be necessary 100% of the time in responding to emergencies and patrolling the building.
- Continuous standing - would not be standing in one place for any extended length of time.
- Uses stairs in responding to fire alarms - no elevators
- Being passionate about people and service.
- Strong communication skills are essential when interacting with guests and employees.
- Reading and writing abilities are used often when completing paperwork, logging issues/complaints/requests/ information updates, etc.
- Basic math skills are used frequently when handling cash or credit.
- Problem-solving, reasoning, motivating, and training abilities are often used.
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and/or holidays
Amazing Benefits At A Glance:
- Team Driven and Values Based Culture
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
- Same-day pay available
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career Growth Opportunities/ Manager Training Program
- Reduced Room Rates throughout the portfolio
- Third Party Perks (Movie Tickets, Attractions, Other)
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
- Parental leave
- Referral program
Crowne Plaza Downtown Kansas City
AddressKansas City, MO
Get fresh Overnight Hotel Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.