Outpatient Radiology Imaging Center seeking an Authorization Specialist. The receptionist contributes to the successful function of the organization by increasing the efficiency of the Scheduling/Front-Desk Department and by working closely with both referring physicians and the on-site Radiologists. The Authorization Specialist's primary job function is to obtain authorization for patient exams as a service to our referring physician doctors as well as their patients. The Authorization Specialist will be called upon to relay information between patients and the Radiologists and other clerical staff. The Authorization Specialist effectively resolves operational issues through quick thinking and appropriate action while performing their tasks efficiently.
CVI is proud to be a local family-owned business that is built upon excellent customer service as well as the great people that work there. We welcome applicants that adhere to our core philosophies of patient care and customer service. As part of our work atmosphere and corporate culture we offer things like free office snacks, company sponsored happy hours, company provided lunches. Our employees are all happy to come to work, and many of them have been working for CVI for 5+ years.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Interact with Referring Physician offices and office staff
- Communicate with Insurance Carriers and obtain Authorization for exams for patients
- Scan patient ID Cards, Insurance Cards, Physician Orders, other relevant patient information into the RIS software
- Draft letters, documents, and emails on behalf of the Scheduling department
- Work closely with the scheduling team, relay messages, get referring physicians on the phone
- Perform clerical duties including scanning, faxing, mailing, and inputting data and reports
- Maintain discretion and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Collaborating across departments
- Represent the company with discretion, professionalism, and a positive attitude
- Maintain HIPAA privacy and non-disclosure of sensitive records
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 2 years of Radiology experience (Preferred)
- Strong proficiency in Word, Excel and other IT skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent telephone presence and negotiating skills and ability to manage multi-line telephones
- Comfortable working closely with all levels of management and across all departments
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong positive attitude
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Spanish Speaking Skills a plus
- RIS experience a major plus
- Authorizations experience (PPO) major plus
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited 4-year university
- Preferred Major in Health related fields (Health Science, Healthcare Management, Biology, etc.)
This is a Full-Time position with working days of Monday to Friday
Applicant must have flexibility in staying later or coming in earlier or covering shifts for other employees. Overtime hours may be available as well and weekend shifts are available as well.
MUST include Resume and References and Phone number when responding to this job posting
Benefits include: Paid Holidays, 401K Retirement Plan Participation, Free office snacks, a fun and enjoyable work environment.