We have immediate need for an Assistant Estimator/Project Manager. On the job training offered. Must be eager to learn the construction business and extremely organized and self-driven.
After Training Assistant Estimator/Project Manager Responsibilities will include:
- Manages construction project from office
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Prepares ongoing project updated budget reconciliations on a weekly basis
- Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data.
- Ongoing Research of best pricing of materials
- Manages the purchasing and cataloging of all required materials delivered to office
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Assists in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Approves monthly trade and subcontractor billings.
- Manages changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Reports and escalates to management as needed.
- Proven working experience in similar related fields
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- 1+ years’ experience in construction preferred but not required.
- Proven track record of experience in analyzing Information, Planning, Reporting Research Results, Attention to Detail, Informing Others, Requirements Analysis.
- Excellent internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Perform a variety of tasks.
- Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis