Jaguar-Land Rover of St. Petersburg, FL has an immediate need for an Automotive Service Manager to lead its service team and manage the department - focusing on customer service, sales goals and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement.
This is a 'once in a lifetime opportunity' to lead a highline service department as this position does not come around often!
Crown's Brand New Jaguar-Land Rover location was built with a beautiful, 'state-of-the-art' environment in mind! The air-conditioned service bays offer up-to-date equipment and the utmost in service professionals.
As a Service Manager for the Jaguar-Land Rover Service Team, you set the pace for ensuring a team environment offering the best possible service for our clientele and their automotive experience!
If this sounds like the perfect fit for your experience and ambition, then apply today to join our team of professionals and drive your career forward at Jaguar-Land Rover of St. Petersburg!
Headquartered in St. Petersburg FL, Crown Automotive Group is a well-known, family-owned dealership group that has been in business since 1969!
Here is a list of some of the benefits we offer!
- Best pay plan in the area - specifics discussed upon interview
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- 401K w/company match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- The stability of an established company
- Opportunity for growth and advancement
- Opportunities to serve your community
- Maintains factory receivables at Crown's standards.
- Maintains work in process at Crown's standards.
- Maintains all management reports in accordance with Crown's policies.
- Forecasts goals and objectives for the department and strives to meet them.
- Hires, trains, motivates, counsels, and monitors the performance of all service department staff.
- Prepares and administers an annual operating budget for the service department.
- Maintains reporting systems required by general management and the factory.
- Attends managers meetings.
- Monitors and controls the performance of the department using appropriate reports, tracking systems, and surveys.
- Strives for harmony and teamwork within the department and with all other departments.
- Develops and implements a marketing plan which promotes new and repeat business.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that affect service operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Understands and ensures compliance with manufacturer warranty and policy procedures.
- Accounts for all documents; ensures that none are missing and all are processed correctly.
- Holds weekly department meetings.
- Directs and schedules the activities of all department employees.
- Facilitates and/or conducts technical training and sends employees to appropriate training schools as needed.
- Monitors technicians' daily productivity reports and corresponding payroll records.
- Monitors and follows up on parts orders with the parts manager to ensure availability.
- Initials all repair orders before submitting them to the warranty department, monitoring for sales and hours relative to expectations.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with customers to encourage repeat and referral business.
- Informs repair technicians of time allowances on each repair order. Maintains high-quality service repairs and minimizes comebacks.
- Conducts periodic spot checks of completed jobs for thoroughness and quality.
- Keeps abreast of new equipment and tools available and recommends purchases.
- Ensures that the work areas and customer waiting area are kept clean.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with vocational and technical schools to enhance personnel recruitment activities.
- Serves as liaison with factory representatives.
- Ensures the proper care, storage, and inventory of special tools.
- Ensures that customers' service files are up-to-date and readily available for reference.
- Ensures that all customers are greeted promptly and given fair estimates on costs and time required for repairs and maintenance.
- Prepares pricing guides and maintenance menus for frequent labor operations.
- Handles customer complaints immediately and according to dealership's guidelines.
- Establishes and maintains 24-hour follow-up with all customers to confirm satisfaction with the service experience.
- Resolves employee issues while maintaining high employee morale and acceptable retention levels.
- Maintains safe work environment.
- Attends department meetings as requested.
- Comply with all policies as described in the “Crown Employee Handbook.”
- Other duties may be assigned, based on company's needs.
- High School diploma or GED
- College degree preferred
- Dealership service management experience preferred
Technical or Administrative Knowledge:
- Basic computer knowledge preferred.
- Automotive mechanical repair knowledge or auto service sales knowledge preferred.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Special Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to resolve employee issues while maintaining high employee morale and acceptable retention levels.
- Ability to give customers a non-technical explanation of technical repairs.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills and customer service skills – approachable, cheerful, helpful, etc.
- Maintains professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Current Driver's License and ability to meet US employment and Crown's eligibility requirements.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
Crown Jaguar - Land Rover