The primary purpose of this position is to sort returned, soiled linen into appropriate classifications in preparation for washing. Soil room operators may perform some or all of the following duties:
This is a Union Facility - Starting Pay Rate: $8.65 after 90 days of employment $9.20 - Health, Life, Dental, and Vision insurance
Extremely Warm Envrionment
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Open up customer returned soil bags, discard plastic, thread product out, allowing for visibility. Pre-sort classifications as required.
• The primary soil room operators located on the work platform, float between multiple positions, moving up and down the belt sorting into the appropriate slots, and are responsible for proper sortation (preventing mis-classifieds)
• Move empty carts to appropriate area for cleaning and reuse.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Any other duties as assigned or deemed necessary.
DECISIONS THE INCUMBENT MUST SEEK APPROVAL FOR PRIOR TO EXECUTION:
• Anything unusual or outside of normal operations
DECISIONS THE INCUMBENT MAY DECIDE AND EXECUTE WITHOUT PRIOR APPROVAL:
• If an attendant sees something in the soil bag other than regular items, must dispose of it appropriately.
• They may decide when to call Maintenance if equipment malfunctions or if carts are no longer usable.
• The ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without an accommodation.
• Must be able to count
• Must be able to read to comprehend written materials