Acid & Water Treatment Technician - 2nd shift
Crown Battery Manufacturing Co Fremont, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
These values have driven Crown Battery for over 95 years and will continue to represent our strategy for long-term growth and sustainability.
We are looking for a Acid & Water Treatment Technician on 2nd shift with a strong background in treatment processes to join our team!
Our benefits include: Competitive wages starting at $18.55 per hour + $1.00 shift premium (for 2nd shift), Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, 401k with company match, Paid Time Off, Educational Reimbursement, company events and more
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the acid mixing within facility and treatment of water released from the premises.
- Oversee operations and monitors controls of the acid mixing system, acid purification system, reverse osmosis system, geo-thermal system and city water usage.
- Maintains and adjusts acid mixing priorities.
- Verifies specific gravities in acid tanks.
- Receive bulk acid and caustic acid deliveries.
- Manages reclamation handling and blending of acid and forming acid selection valves.
- Performs assigned PM tasks in acid mixing, acid purification and reverse osmosis systems.
- Perform filter and membrane cleaning procedures in acid purification and reverse osmosis systems.
- Maintain chemical inventory for acid purification and reverse osmosis systems.
- Manage plant spent acid handling and treatment.
- Test reverse osmosis and geo-thermal discharge water quality.
- Record and track reverse osmosis water quality, city water meter readings and city water credit meter readings.
- Keep acid mixing area clean and orderly.
- Implement and manage water conservation measures.
- Tracks the water accumulated in our treatment facility, treats following a prescribed procedure, analyzes to assure compliance with applicable regulations, partially discharge, analyze and, when in compliance, complete the discharge through a previously cleaned DE filter.
- Residual sludge processing through the filter press to complete the treatment process.
- Maintain daily records showing the results of the treatment process and the daily experience of water flow and uses of water in the plant.
- Operates with a minimum of direct supervision and accepts responsibility of discharging no water not in compliance with existing regulations.
- Water treatment an 8hr/day position and it is the responsibility of the water treatment technician to organize emergency coverage with qualified utility personnel.
- Batch processing may require additional time beyond a normal 8 hour day to assure satisfactory processing and disposition of treated water.
- Is responsible for:
- Understanding and following policies, procedures and instructions
- Identifying and reporting product, process and quality system non-conformities to lead personnel
- Controlling nonconforming products
- Supporting implementation of corrective/preventive and improvement actions
- Submits a sample of each batch to North Coast Labs for < 300 ug Pb verification
- Is familiar and compliant with the systems, procedures and documentation of the Crown Quality System and how it relates to this position and Crown quality objectives.
- Position requires technician to be on on-call schedule for weekend and holiday coverage.
ACCOUNTABLITY: The position reports to the Project Energy Engineer.
Follow instructions, Communicate effectively and Basic math (addition and subtraction)
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate or 1 year manufacturing experience
- Safety training
- 5 hours training with Treatment Chemical Supplier
- 10 hours training with Water Treatment Technician
- 5 sessions of 2 hours each for back-up technicians
Mechanical aptitude; ability to follow the logic of cause/effect relationships; ability to perform light maintenance and cleaning of equipment.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. He/she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by the supervisor.
Crown Battery Manufacturing Co
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Crown Battery Manufacturing Co