Production Supervisor - 3rd Shift
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Summary:Directly supervises over 20 employees per shift in the production and packing processes. Responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, and addressing complaints and resolving problems. Responsible for succession planning within the department and developing the skills and experience in the department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include shift management and accountability for the operation, order accuracy, and employee relations. Protects the safety, hygiene, and quality of the food, while meeting company quality standards.
- Adheres to production schedules, assigning staff to ensure production orders are met for finished goods
- Minimizes waste and costs, ensuring conformance to safety and quality standards.
- Mentors and motivates associates, providing training and development to optimize their performance and personal growth.
- Communicates performance standards to associates, recognizing and rewarding individual and team accomplishments and counseling performance problems.
- Create a culture of safety and teamwork within the department
- Ensure a safe operation, complying with the corporate accident prevention program, and following safe work practices.
- Ensures company standard practices and procedures are followed
- Maintains and reports production-related information regarding yields, efficiencies and labor utilization to management and/or related tracking programs.
- Identifies the temporary staffing needs and arranges for the presence and assignment of temporary or regular labor prior to line start-up.
- Participates in weekly GMP, sanitation, and safety inspections throughout the production departments and corrects, or issues work orders to correct any identified deficiencies. Follows up on work orders, with the appropriate employees to ensure expeditious performance of the requested work.
- Approving employee payroll time using the designated software
- Performs other related responsibilities, as needed or directed by Production Manager, to support Nashville Bun Company business objectives
Food Safety Requirements:
- Follow all GMP's, Food Defense and quality policies.
- Ensures all GMP and all food hygiene and safety standards are in compliance.
- Report all food safety incidents such as GMP violations, ingredient and product contamination, metal detector, screen or magnet deviancies', glass breakage, and pest harborage.
- Conducts audits of associates' Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's), facility sanitation, preparation procedures, and quality documentation.
- Provide immediate and long-term corrective action in the event of non-compliance to food defense and quality.
- Bachelor's Degree, 4-year college degree preferred.
- 3 years Production Supervision experience in a manufacturing facility.
- Food Manufacturing experience a plus.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills and have demonstrated effective interpersonal skills to interface with management, employees and business partners in a competent, and productive manner;
- Proficiency with MS Word and MS Excel.
- Ability to handle the physical requirements of the position, including repeated bending, stretching, twisting and lifting.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Crown Bakeries