- Manage and administer department functions including operating budgets, staffing, wage reviews, work assignments, performance evaluations, etc.
- Assist corporate and project management to determine what types of projects to bid, strategies, techniques, etc.
- Review all final estimate packages to insure accuracy and completeness prior to formal quotation.
- Prepares cost estimates for all aspects of commercial and industrial electrical construction and maintenance projects up to $15M utilizing construction plans and specifications in accordance with company estimating guidelines and related industry standards.
- Serves as front-line point-of-contact on behalf of company on bid days.
- Prepares estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
- Coordinates total estimating effort relevant to particular bid/project as assigned.
- Negotiates with vendors to insure quality and lowest cost possible on bid items.
- Supports other department personnel as required; may include preparing estimates in other disciplines and assisting Project Manager s with job start-up and change-order costs.
- 10 or more years estimating or cost control and/or engineering experience in the commercial or industrial electrical construction industry; design-build quality project experience preferred
- Four year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience
- Strong computer skills (EXCEL) and exceptional knowledge/experience utilizing complex project management software and construction estimating software
- Ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems and reading/comprehending blueprints
- Working knowledge of commercial or industrial building codes and related systems/controls
- Strong math, reading, organizational, and analytical/critical thinking skills
- Ability to work effectively as an estimating team member
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills and written/verbal communication skills.
- Benefits: 401(k) Retirement Plan with company discretionary match, flexible medical-dental-vision insurance, short-term/long-term disability insurance, basic life/AD&D insurance and highly competitive pay in addition to paid-time-off in the majority of business units
Why Work Here?An asset to the construction industry
Great company, growth, growth, energy, excitement