We are currently seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk to join our team! Accounts Payable Clerk responsibilities include receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices. You will run accounting software programs (e.g. Sage 300) to process accounts payable transactions.
Ultimately, a successful Accounts Payable Clerk will ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions are run accurately and effectively. This candidate will be able to work alone, must be well organized, flexible, and enjoy the challenges of supporting team members.
- Be responsible for all accounting work that are needed to make sure accounts payable are processed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Accounts payable invoice and data entry.
- Handling payments in an organized and timely manner.
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Take care of all vendor correspondence via email or phone, evaluating and reconciling all vendor statements.
- Monitor all calls by vendors and address all issues in scheduling and disbursing accounts payable.
- Maintain and update all accounts payable data, as well as ensure accuracy in general ledgers.
- Evaluate all accounts payable balance and resolve all issues regarding unpaid invoices.
- Investigate and resolve issues that are associated with the processing of purchase orders and invoices.
- Help various departments with processing purchase orders and sub-contracts.
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Assisting in streamlining the accounts payable process.
- Perform other general accounting projects and tasks as assigned.
- Proven accounting experience, preferably as an Accounts receivable clerk or Accounts Payable clerk
- A strong understanding of construction accounting procedures
- Hand-on experience in MS Office, databases and accounting software
- Must be able to prioritize and manage workflow with accuracy and speed
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
- Desire to learn and continuously improve