VP Information Technology
- Expired: December 22, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Summary: The VP of IT is responsible for overseeing and managing the entire Information Technology department and ensuring that our company's technology systems are reliable, up-to-date, and meet the needs of the company to improve operational performance. You will also work closely with senior leadership to develop technology policies to be administered throughout the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties that are assigned.
- The VP of IT will also serve as the HIPAA Security Officer for the company and its centers. As the Security Officer, the VP of IT will beresponsible for the ongoing implementation, management, and oversight of the Crossroads HIPAA Security Rule Policies and Proceduresand technical systems in order to maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all electronic patient information, including the patient information maintained in the Crossroads EHR systems (Methasoft and MedGen). The Security Officer will conduct at least an annual update to the HIPAA Security Rule Risk Assessment for the company and its centers and will review and revise the HIPAA Security Rule Policies and Procedures at least annually. The Security Officer will also assist the Chief Compliance Officer and Privacy Officer with training on the HIPAA Security Rule Policies and Procedures.
- Oversee the entire IT department, including budget, infrastructure and applications
- Manage and oversee all stages of the development lifecycle for new IT projects
- Prepare and manage to the department's annual budget
- Work to deliver products on time and on budget
- Help to prioritize short- and long-term objectives
- Maintain existing programs, seeing that necessary updates are made
- Establish and maintain procedures for data security, including compliance with HIPAA and PCI standards
- Oversee maintenance of hardware
- Procure software and hardware, including ensuring compliance with contract specifications
- Analyze business systems and processes to determine their effectiveness, identify inadequacies, inefficiencies and problems, and implement solutions
- Coordinate and manage help-desk priorities and activities
- Stay up to date on security risks and ensure corporate security
- Report progress and challenges to senior management
- See that all reported issues are resolved quickly and efficiently
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, inspire, and lead team members to their
optimum performance levels and career development
- Identify and propose business opportunities for technology to generate revenue and
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position requires constant mental alertness, attention to detail, and high degree of accuracy required in completing all assignments. Strong problem solving skills. Smart, driven, exceptional work ethic. Must be able to follow oral and written instructions and follow through on all assignments. Excellent organizational skills. Highly detailed-oriented. Ability to work well in a group setting and independently.
If recovering, three years of continuous verifiable abstinence is required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or related field
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in the technology field
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a leadership or management role in an IT setting
- Significant experience in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Knowledge of systems life cycles, including conversion planning and performance, the interdependence of software, hardware, operating systems and user requirements in a multi-vendor, multi-user environment; Windows and communications protocols; diagnostic/troubleshooting tools and techniques; current systems analysis; and project management tools and techniques
- Knowledge of information security procedures and protocols
- Knowledge of federal copyright laws as they pertain to the use of computer software
- Experience with Active Directory, domain controllers, and Microsoft Exchange
- Experience with networking concepts, including firewalls, virtual private networks and routers
- Excellent project management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience supporting a multi-location environment
- Experience in a healthcare environment, including proficiency with the HIPAA Security Rule
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret human service periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, mean, mode and median ability to draw and interpret graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Crossroads Treatment Centers
TechnologyView all jobs at Crossroads Treatment Centers