Automotive Service Technician / Mechanic
Compensation commensurate with experience
Crossroads Automotive Group has immediate employment opportunities available for Factory Trained/ASE Certified Automotive Technicians.
About us: CrossRoads Automotive Group operates 17 dealerships across North Carolina and Virginia. We are one of the fastest-growing, privately-held automotive groups in the Southeast. CrossRoads currently employees over 1,100 associates and is looking to expand our team.
CAG is always on the lookout for the brightest and the best to add to our ever-expanding team. Our growing service department is searching for new talent, Technicians with a strong work ethic and a professional approach to customer satisfaction. Last year the average Service Technician in the Durham-Raleigh market made $60,000 and top earners made over $100,000.
Essential duties include the following:
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnoses cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examines the assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Communicates with service advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Road tests vehicles when required or refers to the test technician.
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
- Supervises work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Ensures that customers’ cars are kept clean. Notifies service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean.
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals. Returns them to proper place and in the same condition as they were received.
- Maintain neat appearance, wears company-issued apparel.
- Other duties may be assigned by management.
"A" or “B” Level Technicians:
- ASE Certified and 3-7 years’ experience in the repair of engines, automatic and manual transmissions, suspension systems, brakes, electrical systems, heating and cooling systems, and all general/major performance issues.
- Ford brand experience preferred but not required.
- High school diploma / Industry certification equivalent required.
- The ability to assist other technicians with problems and difficult situations, and the enforcement of safety procedures.
- Professional work ethic and appearance.
- Ability to bend, move, lift and physically perform duties in the scope of this position.
- Must be willing to submit to a pre-employment background check, DMV screen, and drug screen
- Must have own tools.
- State of the art facility
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
- Flexible work schedule
- Life and Disability Insurance
- 401K with generous match
- Discount for Automotive Purchases + Parts and Service Program
- The opportunity to work for a progressive, forward-thinking organization