Crossnore School & Children's Home is seeking an Assistant Director of Foster Care Licensing to serve our operations in Avery County and surrounding areas.
The specific functions covered by this role are foster parent licensing, training, and evaluation of foster parents. This position may also include supervisory and adoption process responsibilities as well.
This position is based in Crossnore, NC. Employee's schedule will include a combination of remote work, onsite work, and travel.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Meets requirements for a Qualified Professional which are:
- Master's degree in a human services or related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of one year supervised clinical experience working with children and families; or
- Bachelor's degree in a human services field and two years' experience with the current population; or
- Bachelor's degree in a non-human services field and four years' experience with the current population
- Certified in TIPS/MAPP required
- Deciding Together (DT) certified strongly preferred
- North Carolina state foster care license and adoptions training strongly preferred(or licensing social worker)
- Minimum of three years' experience in working with children and families
- Prior supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to interface well with others, both inside and outside the agency
- Working knowledge of the state mental health system preferred
- Valid driver's license
- Must successfully complete extensive background checks, interviews, and pre-hire drug screen
- Defined Contribution Benefits Plan including options for:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life, Short-Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability plans
- Critical Illness and Accident coverage options
- Flexible Spending Plan
- 401k with employer contribution
- 20 Days PTO, 11 Paid Holidays
- Ongoing Training
For more than 100 years, Crossnore School & Children's Home has provided a Christian sanctuary of hope and healing for children in need from North Carolina. Our holistic model of care allows us to nurture each child's mind, body, and spirit. With two residential facilities (one located on 85 acres in the beautiful Blue Ridge mountain town of Crossnore, NC, and the second located on 212 rolling acres on the edge of downtown Winston-Salem, NC), Crossnore School & Children's Home provides a homelike, healing, trauma-informed environment for these children.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Crossnore School & Children's Home