Remote Senior Mortgage Underwriter
CrossCountry Mortgage, LLC. Brecksville, OH
- Posted: over a month ago
CrossCountry Mortgage started in Cleveland in 2003, when our President and CEO Ronald J. Leonhardt, Jr., had the vision to become a nationwide full-service lender that could provide more to customers — meeting their home financing needs, being there every step of the way, and making homeownership dreams possible and affordable. We’re continuing to expand our nationwide footprint, and we’re not stopping any time soon!
We Care! CrossCountry Mortgage offers eligible employees a robust, industry leading benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as a 401(k) plan with a generous employer match! We also offer company-provided Short-Term Disability, Employee Assistance, and Wellness Programs. Those who work at our corporate headquarters in Northeast Ohio also enjoy a casual dress code, an on-site market café, and an upbeat working environment!
The Mortgage Underwriter will be responsible for underwriting and clearing conditions for FHA, VA and Conventional loans ensuring compliance with specific company, investor and insurer underwriting guidelines in a paperless environment. Experience Underwriting USDA and Bond programs is a plus. A thorough working knowledge of industry standard product, program and compliance Underwriting guidelines is required. Senior Mortgage Underwriter candidate must be able to clearly communicate all mortgage loan guidelines to loan processors and loan officers.
- Maintains pipeline within the Company’s standards 24-hour turn-around time for upfront and final underwrite.
- Reviews files upfront for initial credit decision based on Company checklists and guidelines.
- Underwrites a minimum of 40 loan points per month based on CCM weighted point scale.
- Issues loan approvals or escalates files to loan committee when necessary based on Company guidelines.
- Grades loan application quality as based on criteria covered in training.
- Reviews files throughout the process if requested by the Processor. Communicates errors and missing information to Processor via email.
- Emails information pertaining to the loan file through Encompass.
- Adjusts condition sheet in Encompass PC with applicable conditions.
- Reviews files for final approval once all items are gathered by the Processor.
- Issues final approval uploading all necessary approval documentation into Company’s software systems with appropriate signatures.
- Works with post-closing department on any stipulations for closed files.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Associate Degree in business management or related field.
- SAR and/or DE strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of Mortgage Underwriter experience in a retail environment for mortgage lender highly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of credit and appraisal experience in mortgage lending field covering FHA, VA and Conventional Loan Programs.
- Recent experience Underwriting FHA loans and supporting the Mortgage Lending activity at a purchase focused Mortgage lender.
- Basic understanding of mortgage banking software, Mortgage Underwriting, loans, purchase, and refinance transactions.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal with an ability to present ideas clearly and concisely.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
CrossCountry Mortgage, LLC offers MORE than a job, we offer a career. Apply now to begin your path to success! https://crosscountrymortgage.com/about-us/careers/apply/
CrossCountry Mortgage, LLC. (NMLS3029) is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, orientation, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability status or marital status. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation. CrossCountry Mortgage, LLC. is an FHA Approved Lending Institution and is not acting on behalf of or at the direction of HUD/FHA or the Federal government. To verify licensing, please visit www.NMLSConsumerAccess.org.
CrossCountry Mortgage, LLC.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at CrossCountry Mortgage, LLC.