Remote Non Agency Underwriter
CrossCountry Mortgage, LLC. Brecksville, OH
- Posted: over a month ago
CrossCountry Mortgage started in Cleveland in 2003, when our President and CEO Ronald J. Leonhardt, Jr., had the vision to become a nationwide full-service lender that could provide more to customers — meeting their home financing needs, being there every step of the way, and making homeownership dreams possible and affordable. We’re continuing to expand our nationwide footprint, and we’re not stopping any time soon!
We Care! CrossCountry Mortgage offers eligible employees a robust, industry leading benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as a 401(k) plan with a generous employer match! We also offer company-provided Short-Term Disability, Employee Assistance, and Wellness Programs. Those who work at our corporate headquarters in Northeast Ohio also enjoy a casual dress code, an on-site market café, and an upbeat working environment!
The Non-Agency Underwriter is responsible for validating income, asset and collateral documents including self-employed tax returns. Expertise must be Non-Agency Jumbo Loans with a minimum of 3 years recent Non-Agency experience.
- Evaluates loan applications for risks and various criteria such as investor requirements, accuracy, consistency and completeness
- Ability to calculate qualifying income including analyzing tax returns and financial statements.
- Thorough knowledge of reviewing Residential appraisals.
- Review and analyze borrower profiles, credit reports, title reports, income documentation and assets, including complex business returns and financials
- Review new loan files to ensure loan meets investor and program criteria. Must meet minimum Production Requirements.
- Review all eligible investors
- Encompass Experience preferred
- Manage individual pipeline on a daily basis by completing new underwriting reviews, condition reviews and other underwriting tasks within established turn times
- Communicates effectively and engages proactively with loan originators, processors, branch managers, funders and post-closers in regards to loan decisions, assignment of loan conditions, investor guidelines/documentation requirements and possible loan scenarios
- Consistently access third party services (valuation, fraud, compliance) to provide valuable input for loan decisions
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of recent Jumbo products Experience.
- DE, SAR or LAPP certifications highly preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of ATR/QM Requirements
- Encompass LOS experience is a plus
- Ability to work in a fast paced, fluid environment and be held to minimum production standards
- High integrity and outstanding work ethic required
- Strong computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must have proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of compliance and disclosure requirements
- Knowledge of closing, post-closing & quality control responsibilities
CrossCountry Mortgage, LLC offers MORE than a job, we offer a career. Apply now to begin your path to success! https://crosscountrymortgage.com/about-us/careers/apply/
CrossCountry Mortgage, LLC. (NMLS3029) is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, orientation, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability status or marital status. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation. CrossCountry Mortgage, LLC. is an FHA Approved Lending Institution and is not acting on behalf of or at the direction of HUD/FHA or the Federal government. To verify licensing, please visit www.NMLSConsumerAccess.org.
CrossCountry Mortgage, LLC.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at CrossCountry Mortgage, LLC.