SUMMARY: Plan, direct, coordinate and oversee operations activities in the organization, ensuring development and implementation of efficient operations and cost-effective systems to meet current and future needs of the organization. Drive a culture of continuous improvement and quality with a customer perspective throughout the company, this will include developing a plan for accomplishment including gap analysis, training requirements, and implementation strategy. Manage and develop the Production, Manufacturing, Logistics, Dispatch, Warehouse and Maintenance Operations to established metrics and KPIs. Directs and coordinates operational activities so that approved products are manufactured on schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives, and at optimal inventory levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establishes, implements, and communicates the strategic direction of the organizations operations division.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations projects and systems.
- Collaborates with other divisions and departments to carry out the organizations goals and objectives.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and use of resources and materials.
- Drives and supports strategic supply chain/industrial footprint development aligned with overall strategy to outperform competitors and market growth.
- Drives operational excellence in production and logistic activities. Develops and recommends short- and long-term production concepts, plans and programs, directs the manufacturing at the lowest cost consistent with established specifications as t quality and quantity.
- Assurers that customer orders are processed accurately and in a timely manner to meet customer requirements regarding on-time shipping, fill rate and packaging requirements.
- Drives continuous improvements to stand manufacturing practices based on comparative studies of methods, costs, and production figures.
- Ensures that departmental decisions and project plans such as those for staffing, development, organization, material efficiency, hardware acquisitions, and facilities are in line with the organizations business plan and vision.
- Establishes, communicates, and implements operations-related policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent support and execution.
- Reviews and approves cost-control reports, cost estimates, and staffing requirements for projects.
- Establishes and administers the departments budget.
- Presents periodic performance reports and metrics to the chief executive officer and other leadership.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in operations management.
- Identifies training needs and ensures proper training is developed and provided.
SUPERVISORY: Manages subordinate supervisors who supervise employees in Operations Materials Management, Logistics, Maintenance, Quality, Safety and Training. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Also directly supervises non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION (OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE): Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Engineering, or other industry-related field required; or seven to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in manufacturing and EOS is desired.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Engineering and Design software; Internet software; Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet software; Word Processing software and Database software.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and ERP software. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX or Dynamics D365 is preferred.
CRITICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
*Each employee should be aware that changes in the job description could occur at any time. Also, this job description is not to be considered or construed to be a contract of employment.
Cross Talent Solutions