Regional Business Development/Sales Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
REGIONAL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT/SALES MANAGER
California, US focus
Pay Transparency: USD Starting Base Range $65000 - $85000 / year plus uncapped, competitive commission payout structure and travel stipend. Starting pay is commensurate with experience.
Territory & Job Location: It is strongly preferred that the individual live and work where they can best support the California, US time requirements and site visits to prospective and current customers, dealers, and others who are physically located in California.
The individual must be punctual within a predictable working window and be able to frequently travel to other locations in the territory to satisfy business requirements; very infrequent travel to company headquarters for business meetings or special events will be necessary.
Coming off a series of successful research and test trials, Croptix is primed and positioned to expand into new markets and hire for this newly-created position – Regional Business Development/Sales Manager!
- If you have a career-focused passion for and knowledge of agriculture, experience working with farmers, growers, associations, and retailers, and you are a servant-sales leader with a strong track record of bringing new ideas and opportunities to the market, we highly encourage you to keep reading …
- If you are an individual producer who has mastered new business development and getting to “yes!” bringing a new product to market and you are looking for an opportunity to massively impact your earning potential…you need to apply for this position!
Croptix uses a revolutionary patented technology to look inside the leaves of citrus trees (and other crops!) for signs of HLB, other diseases, and other tree health concerns. This allows the grower to take corrective action before the disease manifests and can be seen with the naked eye. Our affordable technology allows the grower to constantly monitor the grove/crop, collect real-time data, and store the geo-tagged data in a secure database. In addition, the application of artificial intelligence associated with the Croptix solution presents the grower with additional plot-specific opportunities to improve growing conditions. This gives our clients a sharp, competitive advantage because they can make better, data-based decisions faster which prevents disease from spreading, results in higher grove/crop quality, and ultimately improves the yield per acre.
Where we are today, and the opportunity we can share with you:
Croptix is a constantly evolving, rising startup that recently launched its HLB screening service in 2021. Until now, our technical founding team has been leading the charge at sales. While that has helped us gain a toehold position in the market, we are now primed and ready to expand exponentially.
What that means is that we are looking to add a seasoned, savvy sales professional with experience selling highly technical solutions in the AgTech market. But this role has a bit of a twist to it …
If hired, you will be our first highly-skilled sales professional, and you will have to do it all by yourself for a while. We will expect you to take ownership of business development and sales and to act as the account executive. By serving in this multi-disciplinary role for a while, what this means is that you will be uniquely positioned--front and center--as we scale the business and build out the sales organization, which should yield unparalleled career and income opportunities!
If you already have achieved a history of success in the business development and sales arena, you know what it takes to meet/exceed goal on a day-by-day basis. Now, let's consider what makes this job so unique and different from every other job out there . . . and why it will be so much more challenging and rewarding than the work you are doing today!
This person we hire for this role has an immediate opportunity to influence company growth and to impact strategic decisions. This is a key hire for our company. We fully recognize and honor the critical thinking, credibility, business savvy, and relationship-building skills the person we hire will have to possess to be able to execute a go-to-market strategy in the agricultural sales arena. In fact, we would go so far to say that having established a network of professional contacts in the industry and, specifically in this territory, is a paramount factor to succeeding in this role!
Work objectives are often performed with limited direct supervision and often, where only limited standardization exists. Therefore, the Regional Business Development/Sales Manager must also have the skills and abilities to build and perfect a sales playbook and identify/ implement process and/or system improvements to achieve a defined outcome such as developing sales targets and critical milestones with dealers and service providers. This role also performs other tasks related to market intelligence, such as but not limited to performing market research, developing, and managing strategic partnerships to grow business, researching emerging trends, recommending new company offerings to satisfy customers’ needs, and developing, assessing, and assisting in pricing strategy for company products and technologies.
In essence, we are looking for a proven independent producer who wants to expand and grow their skills as a sales strategist and business leader.
We do have some basic job entry requirements, they are:
- MINIMUM 5+ years of industry-specific (commercial tree fruit, nut, or vine) work experience and a solid command of the sales process in the agricultural industry.
- Background checks (criminal/education/employment/reference/credit/DMV) will be performed; results must be satisfactory to the company.
- Approximate Travel Requirements: 50%. Regular on-going day and overnight travel within the territory is required; some sporadic, future international travel may be necessary. Having a valid driver's license, a registered and insured vehicle, and the ability to drive to and from prospective/current accounts is necessary; must also be able to travel by common carrier air and/or train for prospect/customer site visits and industry tradeshows and other events.
- If hired, must adhere to all company policies and procedures and other prescribed best practices/industry standards.
And … it would be especially great if you could bring one or more of these additional skills to the party:
- Experience in scaling sales at an early-stage startup
- Associate degree from an accredited school of higher learning in business, agriculture, or a related field of science
- Competency and use of computer technology, cloud computing, big data and IoT technology and the ability to effectively describe the use of such tools to others
- PCA License
There are a lot more exciting things we’d love to share with you about this job and Croptix. But -do this first, ok?
APPLY NOW…because we’re looking forward to learning about you!
Check us out at https://www.croptix.solutions/. If you are intrigued by what you learn about our company, our people, and our products, then we are looking forward to receiving your application. And … thank you for taking the time to explore career opportunities with Croptix!
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a fulltime basis. This company does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
- Croptix reserves the right to alter, change, modify and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation. No recruiters, please; principal applicants only.
Croptix is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment with our company is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, pregnancy, or related condition (including breastfeeding), sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other or any other basis protected by law.
Croptix is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. Croptix will also consider reasonable accommodations to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. To request an accommodation, please contact email@example.com or call 814-808-7056 to provide your contact information and let us know the nature of your request.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressState College, PA
Get fresh Region Sales jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.