INTERN-Social Media and Marketing
- Expired: October 17, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
IMMEDIATE OPPORTUNITY: Social Media and Marketing Intern
USD Pay Range: $15-22/hour commensurate with education and experience.
(PAID, PART-TIME 10-30 hours/week) Open to Penn State University undergraduate and graduate students who can report to work in State College, PA
This position is a paid, part-time hourly position (10-30 hours/week) for FALL 2022 sited in State College, PA. This is NOT a remote work opportunity. The Marketing & Social Media Intern is expected to fully engage in routine, on-site work and collaboration with the team located at Innovation Park in State College. Easy access including free parking and Red Line Cata bus stop on site.
- This position designed to be a quality learning opportunity for undergraduate (junior/senior) and graduate students majoring in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations or other related field
- This position requires regular, weekly, in-person interaction with the team located in our State College, PA office.
- This Internship is offered in a “start-up,” entrepreneurial setting that offers unique opportunities to integrate, expand, refine, and synthesize knowledge from diverse disciplines. It provides circumstances where successful Interns can apply higher-order thinking skills (critical thinking, interpretation, evaluation, complex problem solving, etc.) to “real world” work situations while acquiring and refining skills in marketing and personal accountability.
Croptix headquartered in State College, PA, is a venture-backed, AgTech, start-up located in Innovation Park. Croptix offers farmers a practical, affordable crop disease screening solution that “sees” the symptoms of plant disease inside of leaves before those symptoms are visible to the human eye and before disease has time to spread. The services leverage advanced analytics coupled with field deployable sensor technology to equip farmers with the tools to diagnose crop disease early and take effective action to reduce losses due to disease. Currently Croptix is focused on providing a service solution to citrus farmers in the United States dealing with devastating citrus diseases, including HuangLongBing disease, which has no cure and has plagued citrus production globally.
Croptix is looking to hire a creative storyteller and content writer who can meet deadlines while working in a fast paced, dynamic environment. If you are passionate about digital marketing, social media, technology, agriculture, or protecting our food crops, you may be a good fit.
The qualifications listed below give a high-level overview of the job duties and the job requirements. However, Croptix recognizes that even the strongest candidates for the job might not have all the skills on Day 1. This is a work experience that is intended to enrich and compliment the educational experiences of our student workers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Marketing and Social Media Intern will work with the CEO and other members of the team to set the marketing strategy and execute tactics for Croptix. Marketing efforts will be focused on several areas including:
- Data Compilation & Assimilation: Staying current with e-commerce and industry news, cultural, demographic, economic, and other market factors that influence the business; collecting, distilling, and translating relevant data/information into meaningful content that encourages the target audience to buy our products or expands our commercial outreach efforts
- Content Development: Developing content for each phase of the buying process in a variety of formats (e.g. videos, blog articles, newsletters, data sheets, advertisements, articles, press releases) across a wide variety of channels (e.g. company website, social media, industry publications, printed sales collateral, newsletters, trade shows, mobile applications, webinars, etc.)
- Branding: Ensuring all content is on-brand, aligned with editorial direction and audience, consistent in style, quality, and tone, grammatically correct, and optimized for search and customer experience across all channels
- Management & Promotions: Developing and managing an editorial calendar and content for publications aimed at increasing customer engagement; this includes collaborating with the leadership team and others to identify, develop and promote customer success stories, create product description content, website content, video scripts, technical documentation, and other materials
- Other: Developing and fostering effective working relationships to facilitate communications, solve problems, and identify strategies to improve the customer experience, increase productivity and profitability, or make operational improvements, and performing other duties as assigned and providing other professional support services, as needed
Skills, Qualifications & Requirements:
This role requires a person who has a wide variety of skills including strong writing skills, strong oral communication skills, basic HTML, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), website analytics tools (such as Google Analytics), and basic graphics / video creation. The successful candidate must be creative and self-motivated and demonstrate the following attributes:
- Progress towards an undergraduate or graduate degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, or other related field.
- Effective, persuasive, and compelling communications skills.
- Ability and willingness to give in-person and virtual presentations.
- Knowledge of a variety of social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- High comfort level with technology, software and spreadsheets, all Microsoft office products, video, and graphics editing applications, online presentation tools, etc.
- Ability and willingness to work 10-30 hours per week through the semester.
If hired, must adhere to all company policies and procedures, safety requirements, and other prescribed best practices/industry standards.
- The company actively assists CPT/OPT-eligible students in achieving their career objectives. CPT/OPT eligible students from Penn State University are encouraged to apply for this part-time position.
- For this position, the company does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
- The Company reserves the right to alter, change, modify and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation. No recruiters, please; principal applicants only.
- Croptix is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment with our company is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, pregnancy, or related condition (including breastfeeding), sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other or any other basis protected by law.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
If you are excited about the position and feel that you could bring valuable experience to our team, we encourage you to apply!
Please include samples of your work, or portfolio along with your resume and cover letter.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressState College, PA
Get fresh Social Media Marketer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.