Under the immediate supervision of the Production Manager and the general direction of the Company President/Owner, manages the construction process for all assigned homes.
- Is solely responsible for delivering new homes (or other residential projects) that are exactly in compliance with what the buyer purchased, or the Company specified, and within the time constraints and project budget provided by the Company.
- Protects the Company "brand" and profitability at all times.
- Works to eliminate waste across all areas of production.
- Communicates and projects the proper professional attitude to all customers and employees through all forms of communication.
- Attends and participates in weekly production team meetings.
- Codes uncategorizedinvoices and purchase orders for the Accounting Department when asked to do so.
- Supervises and when necessary, trains, the day-to-day construction labor on assigned job sites. Labor is 100% done via subcontract.
- Responsible for using the formal scheduling system and maintaining all job schedules to their current status with proper activity sequencing, either directly (via technology) or by reporting to the construction coordinator on a daily basis (or as required by management.
- Responsible for completing all homes per the even-flow schedules assigned per product or community.
- Responsible for all timely notifications of subcontractors, material suppliers, and building inspection/code officials.
- Responsible for just-in-time lean delivery practices, minimizing both number of deliveries and "dead runs", and minimizing the possibility of jobsite theft.
- Works to minimize variances from both construction time and project budget.
- Performs miscellaneous "punch-out" items in preparing house to close (must be able to work with tools to a limited degree when necessary).
- Responsible for timely completion of pre-closing walk- through items and assigned after-closing work/service orders.
- Responsible for readying the assigned house for the comprehensive "white glove walk" (final inspection) by the Warranty Department at the end of construction and assuring the detailed quality standard has been 100% satisfied.
PREREQUISITES FOR SUCCESS:
- A natural sense of urgency and "must get it done" attitude.
- Must have a clean driving record and valid driver's license in the state of MO.
- Minimum High School graduate or GED.
- Technical construction ability to manage construction resources, to read and interpret plans and other construction documents, and to diagnose and resolve field problems.
- The ability to work with tools when required ("resolving punch list items").
- People skills to articulately and professionally handle conflict with customers, inspectors and trade contractors.
- Ability to train subcontractors in construction techniques and field problem resolution.
- Organization aptitude to manage the scheduling of all personal time as well as all construction resources.
- Above-average aptitude for the use of jobsite and mobile technology.
- The recognition and expectation that construction is NOT a 9-to-5 job. Willingness to work hard and long hours, on weekends when required, in odd shifts when required, and in inclement weather when required.
Physical Requirements for the Job of Superintendent:
Cronkhite Homes, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will work with all employees to meet special needs. However, the position of Superintendent requires physical capability as follows, must be physically capable to lift 50 lbs+, must be able to climb a 40' ladder, and driver's license required.