Warehouse Distribution Manager
- Expired: September 09, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
JOB TITLE: Warehouse Distribution Manager
REPORTS TO: Supply Chain Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: Shipping Clerk(s) & Material Handlers
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Supply Chain Manager, the Warehouse Distribution Manager is responsible for supervising the receiving, warehousing, and shipping of product in a manner that is consistent with company service and cost objectives.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Warehouse Distribution Manager specializes in the supervising and helping in the process of receiving, checking, distributing incoming parts and materials, and the shipping finished goods. Maintaining a clean and safe working environment, training and mentoring direct reports, and being a member of the Operations Team.
- Processes materials for shipment by checking packing and label information, weighing material and selecting carrier, and preparing bill of lading
- Receives shipments, checks quantity against invoices, and stores materials
- Provide and suggest, equipment, tooling and inspection methods required to ensure the robustness of the shipping process regarding quality, reliability, and consistency.
- Review and check customer packaging requirements for accuracy of product shipping.
- Prepare material to ship to outside vendors, maintain material records, and receive material back from outside vendors and work with operations for follow on processing.
- Establishes key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to storage and internal distribution of products and materials.
- Drives the execution of warehouse operations processes and system improvements by facilitating the coordination of departments up and down the value stream.
- Continually develops and implements inventory control and future capacity requirements, utilizing best practices that meet but do not exceed sales and production schedule needs.
- Implement LEAN manufacturing concepts and assure understanding of LEAN.
- Participate in projects that support new customer products and customer product launches to insure cost and delivery effective results.
- Investigates, trouble-shoots and provides solutions to packaging, outside vendor issues, and production problems for new part introduction and improve existing shipping of all parts.
- Provides training for production workers on new equipment and technically difficult new processes and components.
- Adept at assuring safety is engineered into all shop floor processes.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Support and achieve the key business performance metrics and by providing accurate and robust routings, and manufacturing process methods:
- Achieve a Zero Harm environment
- Deliver best in class Quality performance:
- Exceed 95% on-time delivery as Promised to our customers.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of warehousing.
- Knowledge of common carrier services, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of inventory methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of supervision.
- Ability to ship and receive materials by following standard warehousing principles and practices.
- Ability to select carrier based on cost, services, route, etc.
- Ability to maintain current inventory records.
- Ability to direct the work of others.
- Ability to evaluate situations and make decisions.
- Ability to keep records and make reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the customer and internal employees.
The daily work of this position is conducted in production and office settings, spending adequate time on the shop floor to provide support required for the plant.
Transportation and Storage
Get fresh Distribution Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.