Job Title: Project Manager Marine & Heavy Construction
Job Location: Great Falls, SC
Crofton Industries is a full-service Marine Construction and Commercial Diving Contractor that has been in business since 1949. We are seeking an experienced Project Manager. Candidate must be reliable, knowledgeable, and highly motivated to join our team in our Portsmouth, Virginia office.
- Minimum of 5 years of Marine and Underwater Construction experience. Hands-on field experience as a tradesperson is preferred.
- Proven success in managing projects up to $1m.
- Familiarity with Hydro-facilities
- Familiarity with/Diving experience a plus
- Effective communication skills to work with and direct employees and subcontractors
- Effective communication and writing skills to work with Owners, Designers, Government Officials, Material Vendors, etc. with diplomacy and tact.
- Must know and manage projects thoroughly:
- Scope of Work, Budgets, Schedules – Duration and Resources
- Drawings and Specifications, solid blueprint reading
- Requirements of the Contract – Administrative, Billing Procedure, Submittals
- Change Oder management in the scope of Work, Claim Procedures, Insurance, etc.
- Scope of Work of the different Subcontractors, Material Purchase Order and Rental Purchase Orders
Familiarity with the Following Software/Programs
Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Project, Outlook)
- Manage multiple projects in conjunction with our on-site superintendents.
- Quality Control – Ensure that the work performed directly by us, our subcontractors or vendors is done in accordance with our Contract with the Owner.
- Buy out materials, equipment rentals, and subcontracts, innovate and develop scopes of work to provide the most economy (by using the best not necessarily the lowest price and price combinations) and maximize profits. Write the corresponding purchase orders and subcontracts.
- Phase and sequence the work to maximize project efficiency.
- Develop written schedules showing how the work is to be sequenced, both initially and update them as the project progresses.
- Plan the work in conjunction with our on-site superintendents; make sure all necessary tradespeople, subcontractors, materials, equipment, safety considerations, approvals, permits, pre-construction meetings, etc. are in place for before starting an item of work. Make sure our people and subcontractor personnel know what they are supposed to do to provide the work safely and in accordance with the Contract Documents. Make them aware of problems they should be on the lookout for. Make sure our people know what production rates they need to make for us to be within budget.
- Document important events such as changes in the scope of work, discovery of unforeseen conditions, instructions from the Owner or Engineer, Subcontractor concerns, Vendor concerns, etc.
- Safety. Make sure the work is being performed in a safe manner in compliance with OSHA and company and customer safety policies.
- Submittal Process.
- Identify Changes, Manage Proposals and Additional Work.
- Manage Budgets and Costs.
- Review estimates and as needed help complete estimates for projects to obtain new work.
- Resolve Problems.
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Health Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Supplementary Insurance via Aflac
- Paid Personal, Sick, and Vacation
- FinFit Financial Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays
- 401K Participation
If you are looking for a career, with a company committed to your future, apply today. Crofton is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Affirmative Action (AA) Employer Qualified Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Crofton is a Drug-Free Workplace and E-Verify Employer.