- Expired: April 13, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Summary: The successful candidate will be responsible for installing and repairing wiring, electrical fixtures and control equipment, as well as install, repair, diagnose and trouble-shoot a variety of electrical equipment. The electrical technician is required to be available and on site between the hours of 7:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Monday through Friday. The Electrical Technician may be REQUIRED to work overtime as needed to support WSSC projects.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Hold and retain a State of Maryland Master Electrical License.
- Five years of experience as a Master Electrician
- Two years of experience servicing similar commercial building systems.
- Must be able to obtain building clearance.
- Must be team oriented.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Must be willing to work from ladders
- Must willing and available to work Overtime
- Performs all journeymen level electrical work.
- Install, repair, diagnose, and trouble-shoot a variety of electrical equipment and minor motor controls to correct the problem.
- Minor repair to motor control centers, switchboards, HV equipment, fans and variable speed motor controllers and replace fuses as needed.
- Electrical services include, but are not limited to design, installation, maintenance, reconditioning, troubleshooting, and repair a variety of electrical equipment.
- In general, the work involved with electrical systems include, but are not limited to installation, modifications, or repairs of all electrical equipment including lighting fixtures, receptacles, control circuits, power feeders, main distribution panels, subpanels, motor control centers, starters, junction boxes, transformers, conduits of various sizes and types; and tracing, identifying and labeling of wires for preparation of as-build drawings.
- Change light bulbs as required for Building Operation
- Inspect and test a variety of equipment such as generators, transformers, switchboards, UPS systems, controllers, circuit breakers motors, heater units, A/C equipment, etc.
- Working standard computations relating to load requirements, wiring of electrical equipment.
- Ensure that all work complies with the 2014 National Electrical Code or its latest revision and all applicable local, state, and federal laws, ordinances, rules and regulations of the jurisdictions in which the work will be performed.
- Providing assistance for the alarm and sprinkler systems maintenance.
- Monitor and operate electrical/mechanical systems at each facility.
- Report all facilities electrical and mechanical problems to the PM.
- Assist in performing Building Support Activities that are Non-Electrical in nature to include moving, cleaning, cutting and Building Maintenance tasks
- Install electrical floor boxes to support Office renovations
Crockett Facilities Services
ConstructionView all jobs at Crockett Facilities Services