Safety Manager - St. Louis, MO
The Safety Manager identifies hazardous workplace conditions and works to ensure the workplace complies with occupational safety and health standard provisions as well as works to develop SHE training and promote employee involvement with SHE programs.
- Design and implement effective SHE programs in alignment with business objectives and maintain compliance with all Federal, State, and Local regulatory requirements.
- Identify risk conditions which could produce occupational injuries or illnesses and eliminate/reduce the occurrence of unwanted, undesired conditions and behaviors (injuries, illnesses, unsafe acts, unsafe conditions, environmental releases, exposures to chemical / physical agents, etc).
- Investigate occupational and environmental accidents/incidents using participative root cause analysis techniques and develop appropriate response to prevent recurrence.
- Design, develop and ensure appropriate administration of SHE training for all employees, including new hire safety orientation programs.
- Create and maintain accurate, up-to-date, and complete records and documentation (Manuals, SOPs, JRAs, WHAs, etc) as related to Corporate and Site SHE requirements.
- Achieve full compliance with regulatory and SHE standards by directly supporting facility staff with policies, procedures, work instructions and training.
- Acts as Site “Dangerous Goods/Chemicals” Safety Advisor (DGSA) Working with local management team to drive and improve health and safety standards across the site within area of responsibility and where required to meet ISO 18001 and 14001 standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Business Administration, Environmental Science, or other related discipline.
- 5-7 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for leading and directing programs; including the ability to perform detailed risk assessments on all applicable machinery/equipment in the facility and the ability to prioritize assessed risks and ensure that effective controls are implemented.
- Must possess a working knowledge of regulatory requirements (i.e. OSHA), SHE Program Management (Safety, Industrial Hygiene, and Environmental), Risk Management, Behavior-Based Safety, EPA, DOT, Training, and Auditing. Experience in a PSM regulated facility, a plus.
- ASP, CSP or other safety certifications, preferred.
- Solid knowledge with Microsoft Access and Excel. Ability to work with integrated databases and generate neatly formatted numerical and graphical reports. Experience with SAP a plus.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with managers and employees at all levels and participate on team projects by contributing ideas that add value and completing team assignments.
- Project Management - is able to set goals on projects in collaboration with others. Remains organized while conducting various activities and coordinates own work efforts to stay on schedule.
- Can design and complete basic quantitative and qualitative analyses to evaluate and display various types of information and data.
For over 30 years, Critical Fit has been serving clients nationwide. During that time, many things have changed, but one thing has stayed the same: outstanding companies hire outstanding people! Bringing these two groups together is our expertise. We recruit and place a variety of executive level professionals for clients in emerging, middle market, and Fortune 500 companies across a diversified industry base. Our commitment to our client companies is unsurpassed.
We keep business simple. We listen. We understand. We perform.
Critical Fit RecruitingCritical Fit Recruiting specializes in recruiting top-technical talent. Our services are provided on a contingent, engaged, or exclusive basis. For over 30 years, Critical Fit has been serving clients nationwide. During that time, many things have changed, but one thing has stayed the same: outstanding companies hire outstanding people! Bringing these two groups together is our expertise. We recruit and place a variety of executive level professionals for clients in emerging, middle market, and Fortune 500 companies across a diversified industry base. Our commitment to our client companies is unsurpassed. We keep business simple. We listen. We understand. We perform.