IT Support Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking an IT Support Speciliast to join our team! You will resolve computer-related issues for your clients.
- Provide technical assistance with computer hardware and software
- Virus cleanups
- Resolve issues for clients via phone, in person, or electronically
- Network implementation, administration and troubleshooting
- Server installation and management
- Recommend hardware and software improvements
- Track customer issues and resolutions
- Visiting client premises and performing network/server installations
- On site and off site diagnostic procedures
- Previous experience in IT, customer service, or other related fields
- General system failure troubleshooting skills
- Computer builds and setup of hardware, including installation and configuration of necessary software
- Experience with commercial network deployment and administration
- Must be experienced with computer repair and software support for current Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems
- Must have some experience with Microsoft Server 2008 or newer including Active Directory user management
- Must be experienced with Microsoft Office
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Positive and professional demeanor
Administrative Requirements and Duties:
- Strong customer service skills, including both verbal and written communications to and from clients
- Must be able to understand and fully duplicate communications received from clients
- Must be able to speak clearly and intelligently and explain computer problems to clients without going "over their heads"
- Strong organizational skill is required for this position
- High degree of competence with data entry, with few or no errors when copying data from one source to another
- Must be strong in both spelling and grammar
- Must be clean in appearance and well dressed
- Maintaining verbose and detailed records of all work performed, entered into a client database for future reference
- Create and keep current how-to guides and FAQs for clients
- Position includes answering phone calls as well as greeting walk-in clients
In its commitment to long-term expansion and enhanced service to customers and community, maintaining its competitive edge and its commitment to maintaining the highest public confidence and trust in its activities, Critical Computer Solutions, Inc.’s standards of employee skills, competence and teamwork are and shall remain among the highest in the field.
Thus, for the position of IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST, the employee must be able to handle computer support related duties by ensuring competently resolved support requests are produced in high quality and volume.
In addition to the technical knowledge, experience and competence required of an IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST, Critical Computer Solutions, Inc.’s employees must also possess personal aptitude for solving problems, high intelligence, perseverance and orderliness, responsibility, drive toward and satisfaction at the attainment of goals, calmness and endurance under stressful conditions, consistency and predictability in the regular attendance of duty, individual initiative as well as participation in group efforts, correct estimation of specific circumstances and an absence of unconstructive or ill-considered criticism, fairness, empathy and appreciation toward fellow workers and effective communications skills.
In keeping with these job requirements, Critical Computer Solutions, Inc. utilizes application forms, interview procedures and pre-employment non-medical testing regimens that will assist the company to determine whether applicants possess the skills, competency and above personal attributes necessary to meet the company’s performance standards. Applicants for IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST undergo such screening procedures.
Background Checks and Drug Screening:
Due to the confidential data that we service and maintain for our clients, including both governmental and law enforcement offices, we perform an extensive background check on ALL applicants. This is a government requirement for this position.
Further, we may require applicants to be periodically screened for illicit drug use, and the results of this testing may be used during review processes to determine ongoing qualifications for employment.
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
We have implemented a strict set of company policies which are in use by all employees. These policies lay out guidelines for staying safe during this pandemic, and the measures we take go above and beyond even the CDC guidelines in many areas.
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
IT Support: 1-2+ Years
Critical Computer Solutions, Inc.
299 E Columbia AveBattle Creek, MI
Get fresh Technology Support Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.