Company & Position Summary:
Critical Care, Pulmonary and Sleep Associates is a multispecialty private physician practice, providing Critical Care, Pulmonary and Sleep medical services to the Denver metro area for over 40 years. Our dedicated team of over 30 Board Certified Critical Care, Pulmonary and Sleep Physicians along with our skilled clinical and administrative staff exclusively serve five Centura Health Hospital ICU’s and multiple outpatient clinic locations spanning Colorado’s front range. CCPSA’s company culture exemplifies excellence in patient centered care, unified teamwork and highly collaborative approach in all business and clinical operations. We are currently seeking a Clinic Associate Nurse Manager to join our committed team of professionals.
The Clinic Associate Nurse Manager is an essential clinical/leadership/administrative role within the Critical Care, Pulmonary & Sleep Associates private medical group practice. This role is responsible for the successful management and operation of the medical group’s outpatient clinics, providing Pulmonary and Sleep specialists to the Denver Metro Area. The associate nurse manager contributes to and leads organizational changes, improvement projects and management team initiatives. It is necessary that within this role, the Clinic Associate Nurse Manager cultivates and supports a strong team culture and collaborative environment centered on consistently delivering exceptional patient care.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Provide excellent clinical care to our patients.
- Communicate with patients under the direction of the physician or provider.
- Triage complex patient calls.
- Develop staff and patient education on medications and disease states.
- Monitor and follow up on specialty medications, including authorizations.
- Care Management of high-risk hospital follow ups through the Lung Health Initiative Program, including data management and tracking of this population.
- Build strong positive communication with clinic staff to increase the success of the practice and promote our primary mission of excellence in patient care.
- Lead patient care improvement though clinical review and audits.
- Promote the CCPSA culture of team collaboration, while identifying and implementing opportunities to enhance the shared values of the group.
- Manage the day-to-day operations within the clinics of clinic staff under the direction of the Clinic Director
- Train and evaluate clinical staff on an ongoing basis to ensure alignment of individual and practice objectives, while identifying and capturing opportunities for continuous patient service improvement
- Oversee clinic personnel selection and hiring according to CCPSA needs and guidelines under the direction of the Clinic Director.
- Co-lead internal communications and regular staff and clinical management team meetings.
- Gather and collate clinical and quality data for monthly meetings
- Manage medical and office supply orders for all clinic locations
- Troubleshoot technological issues including EPIC, phones, fax and printers
- Establish and maintain office scheduling, policies and procedures
- Assist with payroll process for clinic staff
- Maintain knowledge and training of and adherence to State, Federal, OSHA and HIPAA compliance regulations to ensure patient and employee safety.
This position requires a Monday – Friday schedule with approximately 20% - 30% monthly travel to our other outpatient clinics within the Denver-metro area.
Skills, Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required, BSN / RN degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a managerial role, with an emphasis in Healthcare.
- Strong leadership capabilities, with the ability to manage a diverse group of individuals varying in educational backgrounds and job responsibilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge creating excellent patient experiences in a medical clinic setting.
- Respect patient privacy by maintaining confidentiality in accordance to HIPAA requirements.
- Superior communication skills to effectively and professionally communicate via email, reports, presentations, business correspondence and policy and procedure materials.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively pivot from clinical patient care and administrative or leadership roles as needed.
- Computer proficiency, knowledge of EMR systems.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to drive between clinic locations for meetings.
- Ability to sit for extended time periods.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive and generous medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D benefits.
- Optional additional life & disability insurance at group discounts.
- PTO and holiday pay.
- 401k benefits with company contribution after eligibility period.
- Position reports to CCPSA’s Clinic Director