Senior Project Manager
- Posted: June 07, 2022
Critical Business Analysis has an immediate need for a full-time Senior Project manager with a minimum of 5 years' experience. This position can be performed remotely with the ability to travel to projects throughout Iowa. Successful candidates will have the authority to drive successful project results, moving your projects from pre-construction through final closeout in the safest manner possible while setting industry leading standards by exceeding expectations and embodying Integrity, Performance, and Safety.
- Ensure all safety compliance and quality programs are being executed on the project site.
- Actively participate in bidding and pre-construction services.
- Openly and confidently communicate with all other parties involved with the project, establishing trust and rapport with owners, architects, engineers, and subcontractors.
- Manage the performance of the professional support personnel on the project site. This typically includes a Project Engineer or Assistant Project Manager, Field Superintendents, and administrative staff.
- Maintain strict control over the budget and keep project on schedule, ensuring ongoing profitability.
- Execute subcontracts and purchase orders, and approve subcontractor invoices and change requests. Negotiate contract changes with the client. Complete close-out requirements for projects and collect final payment.
- Mentor and train Project Managers, Project Engineers and Assistant Project Managers to ensure their ongoing career growth and development.
- Implement new ideas. Be an active member and leader, actively participating in committees, make recommendations for new initiatives, and embrace new policies related to Safety, Quality, Continuous Improvement Programs, Lean Construction, and Zero Punch Lists.
- A bachelor degree, preferably in construction management, engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant construction operations experience working in various general commercial building markets.
- 5+ years of project management experience, including tracking and planning projects
- 5+ years of experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment
- The desire to succeed. Our best Project Managers are strong leaders-self-starters who drive excellence and meet high standards.
- Effective communication skills to motivate your team, delegate tasks, and present proposals to clients with competence and confidence.
- Build and maintain relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives
- Experience leading, motivating and managing various project and program team sizes, including internal and external resources, while holding team accountable for performance
- The fortitude to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Multi-tasking with a sense of urgency while maintaining strong attention to detail and accuracy is crucial.
- Ability to construct a critical path project schedule using scheduling software.
- Proven ability to demonstrate a drive for results and accountability of business needs
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas in order to achieve a common business objective
- Interpersonal skills to influence and spur change, facilitate and enhance performance within a cross - functional environment
- Demonstrate decisiveness in resolving business problems, making decisions and identifying priorities
Critical Business Analysis, Inc.
AddressDes Moines, IA
TechnologyView all jobs at Critical Business Analysis, Inc.