WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING?
Responsible for receiving, responding to, and handling requests for services and referrals related to substance use concerns. Screens and triages incoming requests for immediate safety concerns, completes a substance use needs assessment, offers applicable referrals, coordinates care, and documents the interaction in an electronic health record (EHR). Promotes and maintains an organizational culture that is focused on both CRN and BCBS's core values and expecations. This is realized by demonstrating the following outcomes: Providing safety, recovery and resiliency, engagement, accruate assessment and appropriate referrals, hope, efficiency, quality, accuracy, and service excellence.
- Respond to incoming contacts and requests for substance use and/or mental health services for Blue Cross/Blue Shield Substance Use Referral Center.
- Utilize the substance use needs assessment tool to guide referral decisions; complete outbound calls and warm transfer callers to referral agencies based on caller's insurance to effectively coordinate care with substance or mental health providers or other resources in the caller's community. Operate with accuracy, compassion, efficiency, and a focus on providing excellent customer service. Demonstrate effective engagement skills, inspire hope, and promote recovery and resiliency.
- Redirect crisis situations or medical emergencies to appropriate agencies.
- Document 100% of incoming calls; demonstrate effective documentation skills; ensure all interactions are documented in the designated electronic health record in accordance with policies, procedures, and industry or organizational standards of practice; complete documentation efficiently and accurately. Ability to communicate through email and chat services with professionalism and efficiency.
- Participate in required training, supervision, meetings, and reviews of service delivery; demonstrate knowledge of industry trends in substance use treatment and substance use trends in the United States and US Territories; demonstrate basic knowledge of suicide intervention and prevention, the behavioral health and medical healthcare systems, Medicaid/Medicare and privatized insurance systems, the interplay between mental health and substance use issues, and types of community resources; demonstrate effective communication, active listening, contact center industry standards, and recovery and resiliency practices.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Master’s degree in behavioral health or healthcare related field; or
- Bachelor’s degree in behavioral health or healthcare related field and one year work or volunteer behavioral health or substance use treatment experience; or
- Bachelor's Degree in unrelated field plus two years healthcare experience; or
- Associate’s degree and at least two years of full time behavioral health or substance use treatment work experience; or
- High school diploma or equivalency and four years of full time behavioral health/substance use treatment work experience.
- 1-2 years’ experience working in a contact center preferred
- Knowledge of substance abuse treatment preferred
- Ability to work in fast-pace environment and adhere to highest levels of customer service and maintenance of privacy standards
- Demonstrates clear/concise/logical verbal and written business communication
- Plans effectively
- Adjusts effectively to new processes
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships
- Technical, industry specific knowledge about healthcare, behavioral health, substance use, and clinical standards of practice. This includes knowledge of various insurance types, basic crisis assessment and intervention, substance use recovery concepts, and community resources
- Ability to quickly navigate through multiple computer systems and/or databases
- Demonstrates concurrent management of multiple tasks and deadlines
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Friendly work environment
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous Vacation & Sick Time
- Health Benefits that begin the first of the month following hire date
- Competitive compensation
- Convenient Tempe Location
- On-site fitness room - free to all employees
- And many more great perks!