The Estimator will be responsible for preparing and submitting bids for site preparation, underground utility, highway, roadway, bridge, and asphalt paving projects in the Tampa Bay Area. The qualified Estimator will have knowledge of construction means and methods, project schedule preparation, costs, and engineering principles.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Prepares complete project scope estimates based on proposal documentation with detailed pricing and bid qualifications from concept to completion.
- Evaluates bidding risks and strategies and analyzes alternative solutions, and construction methods to increase competitiveness.
- Reviews, interprets, and analyzes project documentation: drawings, specifications, data, geotechnical reports, addendums, etc.
- Evaluates DBE/SBE goal requirements to ensure project compliance.
- Attends pre-bid meetings and/or performs pre-bid job site visits.
- Prepares and/or reviews “take-off” quantities to ensure accuracy of data used in estimates.
- Analyzes competition and communicates with estimating team.
- Develops relationships with suppliers/vendors by creating strategic alliances to ensure competitiveness.
- Analyzes and scopes vendors/suppliers to determine best value and based on analysis, proactively works to pursue vendors and/or suppliers to commit to best pricing.
- Prepares detailed estimate costs for all self-perform work activities: craft hours, labor, material, and equipment costs from a crew based perspective.
- Formulates all project indirect costs: staffing, project schedules, on-site facilities, support costs with schedule development.
- Researches construction history for techniques related to job elements and productivity, value enhancing, value engineering, and alternative constructability.
- Follows up with clients to ensure bid receipt and to identify potential obstacles and facilitates negotiations for submitted bid proposals.
- Ensures bids proposals are completed in a timely fashion to allow for team review prior to submission.
All employees shall commit to Crisdel’s team effort driven process by contributing to the safe and successful completion of the work assigned to them by their foreman. Individuals are also expected to:
- Work safely while adhering to Crisdel’s Safety Program & Guidelines as well as adhering to all federal, state and local rules and regulations.
- Adhere to the guidelines set forth in Crisdel’s Employment Handbook.
- Work with pride, integrity and honor in an ethical manner which promotes Crisdel in a superior manner.
- Maintain a positive working relationship between co-workers and employees of subcontractors, vendors, inspectors and agency individuals working on a Crisdel job site.
- Work in a productive and efficient manner while maintaining the highest level of quality work.
- Be self-motivated and ambitious.
- Be able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Report to work on time, take meal breaks only during the allocated time periods and report back to work until the end of the designated shift.
Minimum of 5 years of experience as a construction estimator
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Civil preferred), Construction Management, Engineering Technology and/or Mathematics
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret business documents, technical specifications/procedures, and government regulations.
- Must have excellent attention to detail, have the ability to recognize discrepancies and have the ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Must have the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, as well as apply basic principles of algebra and geometry as it relates to construction.
- Must be proficient in the following software applications: MS Office Suite, HCSS Heavy Bid, Agtek, Blue Beam, SmartBid, etc.
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to effectively present information both verbally and in writing.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work as a team to efficiently complete jobs to the highest customer satisfaction.
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English.
- Effective Leadership skills.
- Valid driver’s license issued within the United States clear of multiple and/or major violations.
- Successfully pass a pre-employment (post-offer) drug screen and motor vehicle records check; a criminal background check will also be conducted.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Salary $60,000.00 to $100,000.00+ (based on experience)
Will consider relocation costs
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
Crisdel Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Crisdel will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. It has been and will continue to be the policy of Crisdel not to discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, genetic information, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, gender, disability, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law with regard to all personal actions and all phases of recruitment and/or employment.