Forterra Structural Precast is a premier manufacturer of Structural and Architectural Precast Systems with plants in Salt Lake City, UT and Caldwell, Idaho associating with Forterra plants across the country. Forterra Structural Precast is consistently recognized for award-winning craftsmanship. We offer a wide variety of project types such as parking structures, bridgework, stadiums, prisons, data centers, food processing plants, offices, as well as landmark projects such as temples, visitor's centers, and venue destinations. See examples of our projects athttps://forterrabp.com/structural-precast/.
Forterra is a leading manufacturer of pipe and products in the U.S. and Eastern Canada for a variety of water-related infrastructure applications, including water transmission, distribution and drainage. The company generated pro forma net sales of $1.3 billion in 2018. Based in Irving, Texas, Forterra employs more than 5500 people and operates more than 85 facilities, with products available throughout the U.S. and Eastern Canada.
We are currently recruiting for a full-time Sales Manager for the Caldwell (Boise), Idaho plant covering the Pacific Northwest territory. This position will be responsible for both inside and outside sales activities with some travel required. Key responsibilities include developing and maintaining consistent sales of precast products, meeting earnings targets, and working collaboratively with the marketing manager and all internal departments. We are particularly interested in candidates who characterize themselves as reliable, hardworking, self-directed, and eager to learn. Candidates must be able to demonstrate competency in reading construction documents and visualizing construction processes. The sales manager frequently takes the role of expert and advisor while working with our customers, to help them visualize how to use precast products in their projects.
Develop Sales Opportunities
- Acquire a solid understanding of the Caldwell, Idaho plant's capabilities, markets, and territory.
- Cover assigned markets & territory by visiting customers & maintaining awareness of local construction opportunities.
- Identify new sales opportunities that provide the highest probability of success.
- Actively support customers in the process of selecting precast or converting other designs to precast systems.
- Assist in generating outstanding proposals that meet the project criteria with value-added options.
- Build and maintain relationships with new and existing customers.
- Further-develop and foster professional relationships; participate in customer sales and entertainment activities.
- Advocate for precast at every opportunity.
- Represent Forterra in pre-construction and project development events
- Close sales.
- Accurately and timely report new and updated sales opportunities.
- Report all projects estimated for the Caldwell Plant.
- Generate and report sales achieved as it relates to budgeted sales goal for the Caldwell plant.
- Review contracts and ensure they are properly edited and executed in a timely manner.
- Ensure proper and accurate turnover of new jobs, provide documentation of new projects in the on-boarding process, and ensure favorable customer experience leading to increased sales.
- Support Safety in every aspect of our work, demonstrate your commitment to safety by using proper PPE.
- Support production by advocating for best practices in layout and design of new projects.
- Obtain proper input on every aspect of new proposals by consulting with department heads.
- Be a team player in completing successful projects.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Construction background Precast experience desirable
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent sales experience.
- Three - five years of experience in an equivalent sales position.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills along with strong presentation, negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and listening skills.
- Ability to solve problems proactively, and exercise sound judgment...
- Ability to interact effectively with a variety of people and personalities.
- Ability to apply effective time management and self-management skills.
- Possess thorough, organized and detail-oriented approach to work.
- Self-motivated, strong learner shows initiative, willing to seek out information to achieve sales goals.
- Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel Outlook, Internet and others.
- Must have a valid drivers' license and ability to travel 25 percent of the time.
Job Start/End Date: 01-Jul-2019 to 30-Aug-2019 (EST)
Department: Forterra Structural - Caldwell, ID
Location: Caldwell, ID, USA
Employment Type: Full Time