“Available Perks” of working full-time at Crete Carrier Corporation:
· Competitive Pay
· PTO Opportunities
· Health, Vision, Dental & Life Insurance
· 401K & Profit Sharing
· Tuition Assistance
· Advancement Opportunities
Why Choose Us?
At Crete Carrier, we value both hard work and work-life balance. We appreciate our employees and respect their contributions to our ongoing success. In return, we offer employees a place to thrive in their careers. We encourage employees to find purpose and make a difference; we offer multiple development plans and career advancement opportunities. We want employees to be engaged and to participate in our mission. Would you like to join us?
Compensation: $80,000-$90,000 / Yearly
Schedule: Monday-Friday / 8:00am-5:00pm; on-call as scheduled
SUMMARY: Develops, implements and maintains computer programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Builds applications, including rich UI applications, in various programming languages with data caching and background synchronization features.
• Creates or edits technical documentation for programs used throughout the Company.
• Manages and documents database architecture.
• Confers with various departments in order to build new databases and applications while maintaining and updating existing applications.
• Evaluates and utilizes current and emerging technologies and software products.
• Attends continuing education and training opportunities in order to explore new technologies for future planning and potential implementation.
• Establishes and maintains positive working relationships.
• Receives and carries out instructions.
• Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Communicates effectively.
• Solves problems and makes decisions independently and proactively.
• Manages multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Uses computers and software programs proficiently, including AS400, Outlook Soft, Analysis Services, Windows Forms, and Visual Basic.
• Demonstrates proficiencies with programming languages including SQL, C#.NET, ASP.NET, Java Script, JSON, JQuery, XSL, XML, HTML, WSDL, and CSS.
• Possesses knowledge of databases such as Business Data Connectivity (BDC) and SQL Server database.
• Exhibits ability to read, write, talk, and hear; add, subtract, multiply, and divide; and lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. as required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree; or three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Visit us at www.CreteOpenJobs.com to apply today!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000-$90,000 / Yearly
Founded in 1966, Crete Carrier Corporation, along with operating division Shaffer Trucking and wholly-owned subsidiary Hunt Transportation, Inc., ranks as one of the largest privately owned trucking companies in the country, offering a full range of transportation services to our customers.
Crete Carrier provides dry van service, Shaffer Trucking offers temperature-sensitive service and Hunt Transportation covers flatbed and specialized transportation. Collectively, the group operates 5,348 power units and more than 12,435 trailers, serving customers throughout the United States. Together, the companies rank as one of the 20 largest trucking groups in the country.