Crestwood Behavioral Health, Inc. is excited to announce our newest facility in Lompoc, CA! Position start dates expected in Late Summer / Fall 2020 depending on role and opening date.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) / Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT) provides direct nursing care to the clients according to physicians’ orders and applicable client care standards, within their scope of practice. The Nurse will provide direction to non-licensed personnel in providing direct client care and operation of the unit.
ALL SHIFTS AVAILABLE
- Current licensure in California as a LPT or LVN
- Knowledge of general nursing theory and practice.
- Ability to supervise.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other staff members.
- Previous experience in mental health nursing preferred.
- Current CPR and first aid certifications.
- Directs the day-to-day functions of the nursing activities in accordance with all applicable regulatory standards.
- Supervises assigned staff.
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for clients. Works with the service coordinator in developing service plans for the client.
- Follows protocols regarding medication administration and treatments per physicians’ orders.
- Documents all pertinent information regarding the client’s condition, medication, treatment, and communication with legal and health care representatives per policy.
- Supervises the use of restraints used for physical and behavioral reasons, ensuring that the client’s rights and safety are upheld.
- Communicates with appropriate personnel and disciplines on a daily basis regarding admissions, discharges, changes in condition, physicians’ orders, and other appropriate information.
- Notifies physicians of all incidents, changes in condition, and need for evaluation of all medications or other treatment in a timely manner.
- Communicates clearly and directly with staff and assists them as needed in performing all aspects of their job.
- Assures conservator and/or family members are notified of any incidents or changes in condition as appropriate.
- Acts as a liaison with the physician, client, and all members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Completes incident reports, medication error reports, and drug reaction reports in a timely manner per protocol.
- Makes independent nursing decisions as necessary based on appropriate nursing theory and practice.
- Observes proper safety practices and recommends or initiates plan of correction as necessary.
- Upholds all infection control standards.
- Participates in the implementation of quality assurance programs for nursing services.
- Participates in developing policies and procedures for the nursing department.
- Maintains confidentiality of all client care information.
- Keeps Director of Nursing Services informed of all potential problems on the unit.
Crestwood Pandemic Response:
Supporting the safety and health of our clients and staff is our highest priority, responsibility, and privilege. Our goal is to provide a safe and sanitary environment for clients, staff, and visitors, and to help prevent the development and transmission of infection. Our Pandemic Response Committee partners with health experts across the country and connects with all of our facilities to ensure we are providing the best possible solutions (including preventive measures, protective equipment, emotional support, education, etc.) to meet staff and client needs.
Crestwood Behavioral Health, Inc.is an EEO/AA/Minority/F/Vet/Disability Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Crestwood’s values – family, compassion, commitment, enthusiasm, flexibility and character – drive the work that we do every day at all of our facilities. Our staff members embody these values and they serve as the foundation of the programs and services we provide.
Helios Healthcare LLC is a company affiliated with Crestwood.
Crestwood Behavioral Health
Why Work Here?Crestwood promotes wellness and recovery by providing quality and cost effective programs in a socially responsible manner, and works with families and communities to reduce the stigma associated with mental illness. Crestwood’s values – family, compassion, commitment, enthusiasm, flexibility and character – drive the work that we do every day at all of our facilities. Our staff members embody these values and they serve as the foundation of the programs and services we provide. Helios Healthcare LLC is a company affiliated with Crestwood.
Recovery is integrated into all of our levels of care across each of our facilities.