Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) / Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT)
Crestwood Behavioral Health San Jose, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Crestwood Behavioral Health, a Public Benefit Corporation is proud to be California's leading provider of mental health services. Together we invest our energy to enhance the quality of life, social integration, community support and empowerment of mental health clients.
Our Values: Family, compassion, commitment, enthusiasm, flexibility, character and social responsibility- drive the work that we do every day, at all our campuses. These values are integrated into every area of the company's operations and they serve as the foundation of the programs and services we provide. We are deeply committed to creating a positive impact on society and the environment.
We know that there are many places you could work, but we invite you to come make a difference with us!
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) / Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT) ROLE:
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) / Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT) provides direct nursing care to the clients according to physicians' orders and applicable client care standards, within their scope of practice. The Nurse will provide direction to non-licensed personnel in providing direct client care and operation of the unit.
- Current licensure in California as a LPT or LVN
- Knowledge of general nursing theory and practice.
- Ability to supervise.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other staff members.
- Previous experience in mental health nursing preferred.
- Current CPR and first aid certifications.
- Directs the day-to-day functions of the nursing activities in accordance with all applicable regulatory standards.
- Supervises assigned staff.
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for clients. Works with the service coordinator in developing service plans for the client.
- Follows protocols regarding medication administration and treatments per physicians' orders.
- Documents all pertinent information regarding the client's condition, medication, treatment, and communication with legal and health care representatives per policy.
- Supervises the use of restraints used for physical and behavioral reasons, ensuring that the client's rights and safety are upheld.
- Communicates with appropriate personnel and disciplines on a daily basis regarding admissions, discharges, changes in condition, physicians' orders, and other appropriate information.
- Notifies physicians of all incidents, changes in condition, and need for evaluation of all medications or other treatment in a timely manner.
- Assures conservator and/or family members are notified of any incidents or changes in condition as appropriate.
- Acts as a liaison with the physician, client, and all members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Completes incident reports, medication error reports, and drug reaction reports in a timely manner per protocol.
- Makes independent nursing decisions as necessary based on appropriate nursing theory and practice.
- Observes proper safety practices and recommends or initiates plan of correction as necessary.
- Upholds all infection control standards.
- Participates in the implementation of quality assurance programs for nursing services.
- Participates in developing policies and procedures for the nursing department.
- Maintains confidentiality of all client care information.
- Keeps Director of Nursing Services informed of all potential problems on the unit.
We offer Full Time employees comprehensive health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D) as well as generous time away programs, flexible schedules, extensive training, tuition reimbursement and 401k retirement programs.
Crestwood Pandemic Response:
Supporting the safety and health of our clients and staff is our highest priority, responsibility, and privilege. Our goal is to provide a safe and sanitary environment for clients, staff, and visitors, and to help prevent the development and transmission of infection. Our Pandemic Response Committee partners with health experts across the country and connects with all of our facilities to ensure we are providing the best possible solutions (including preventive measures, protective equipment, emotional support, education, etc.) to meet staff and client needs.
Crestwood Behavioral Health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.