The Front Desk Clerk is responsible for assisting guests with check-in and check-out, answers and processes all phone calls received, plus handles all special requests for services or information, in accordance with standard policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- + Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Anticipate guests needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of: a) all hotel features/services, hours of operation. b) all room rates, special packages and promotions. c) daily house count and expected arrivals/departures. d) scheduled daily group activities.
- Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies.
- Keep bank secure at all times.
- Answer department telephone within 3 rings, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Process all guest check-ins.
- Verify registration card information with the guest.
- Obtain back-up information for guest credit/payment method and input into system; collect cash when designated.
- Direct Bell Person to escort guest and transport their luggage to the room.
- Handle overbooked or walked in guests.
- Accept and record wake-up call requests.
- Monitor, send and distribute guest faxes.
- Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel (i.e., special requests, amenity delivery).
- Resolve discrepancies on the room status report with Housekeeping.
- Match the bucket check to in-house guest ledger report; report discrepancies to Manager.
- Process all check-outs.
- Process adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers, miscellaneous charges.
Education & Experience:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED).
- One year previous experience in a similar position in a hotel.
- Basic computer skills required.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status.
Bonus/Incentive Pay: Not Applicable
Street: 5993 Peachtree Industrial Blvd