Crest Home Health
San Antonio, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Description:Directs, supervises, evaluates, and provides occupational therapy services to patients in the home as prescribed by the attending provider.
- degree in Occupational Therapy from an institution approved by the Council of Medical Education of the A.M.A. in collaboration with the American Occupational Therapy Association or its equivalent
- licensed by the Texas State Board of Occupational Therapy
- excellent interpersonal skills
- ability to accept assigned duties and work in a cooperative manner
- excellent verbal and written communication/documentations skills
- able to see/hear/speak sufficiently to participate in written/verbal communication
- able to deal effectively with stress
- able to use fine motor skills for patient assessment
- able to stand, sit, bend, stoop, ambulate uneven surfaces, and lift up to 50 pounds
- able to operate a motor vehicle and travel to prospective patient’s residences
- evaluates and establishes goals based on the patient's current level of functioning and potential for improvement and performs re-evaluations as indicated
- guides and instructs the patient in prescribed therapeutic, self-care and creative activities that are directed toward improving independence and physical and mental functioning
- instructs the patient and family members in the use of prosthetic, orthotic, and assistive devices (canes, walkers. wheelchairs, etc.)
- confirms, on a weekly basis. the scheduling of visits with the Agency to coordinate necessary visits with other personnel
- records and reports to the physician the patient's reaction to the therapy program and any changes in the patient's condition through periodic written summaries.
- prepares clinical/progress notes on the day of the visit with the Agency to coordinate necessary visits with other personnel.
- participates with staff, patient, and physician in discharge activities and completes the Occupational Therapy discharge summary within the designated framework of Agency policies.
- instructs other health team personnel in the care of patients regarding occupational therapy.
- supervises the occupational therapy assistant, as indicated.
- must have a reliable means of transportation, proof of financial responsibility (car insurance and a valid state driver’s license)
- per diem
- dental insurance
- health insurance
- life insurance
- paid time off
- paid training
- travel reimbursement
- vision insurance
- Home Health
- Wound Care
- Monday to Friday
- on call
- weekend availability
- differential pay
- preferred one year of supervised work experience
- member of the American Occupational Therapy Association
- multiple locations
- most of the work is performed in and traveling to and from the patients' residences
Flexible work from home options available.
Crest Home Health
AddressSan Antonio, TX
Get fresh Assistant Teletherapy Occupational Therapy jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.