Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is among the largest cultivation, manufacturing and retail cannabis operators in the U.S. We provide a full suite of consistently dosed products catering to all consumers, from the novice to the connoisseur, from the medically treated to the recreational user. The company’s core values emphasize educating consumers while seeking to eliminate social stigmas associated with marijuana. We have developed strong partnerships with dispensaries, law-makers, physicians, and local communities – putting Cresco in a unique position to establish a national operation in the complex and developing cannabis industry.
Cresco aims to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Their operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, they will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market they move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Senior Accountant, External Reporting to join our corporate finance team in Chicago, IL. This individual will report to the Manager, External Reporting and be a key contributor to the company's external financial reporting process. This will include quarterly reports, annual reports, and miscellaneous filings as required. The Senior Analyst will also be responsible for certain complex technical accounting areas, including share-based compensation and equity accounting, foreign currency and debt accounting, derivatives, investments, and purchase accounting for mergers and acquisitions. Our ideal candidate must be a self-starter who is highly organized with great attention to detail and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Key contributor to the external financial reporting process - preparing and reviewing financial statements and footnote disclosures, MD&A, and the disclosure checklist
- Preparation of the statement of stockholders' equity and comprehensive income
- Subject matter expert and/or preparer of complex accounting areas, such as including share-based compensation and equity accounting, foreign currency and debt accounting, derivatives, investments, and purchase accounting for combinations (including equity, deferred and contingent consideration)
- Prepare key schedules for financial reporting, both internal and external
- Assist with technical accounting research for unusual transactions and new contracts
- Assist with preparing and issuing accounting policies and process documentation
- Participate in special projects/oversight of additional technical accounting areas as assigned
- Support the year-end audit and tax preparation process
- Assist in the adoption of new accounting standards
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or business with accounting concentration
- 3+ years accounting experience (public accounting or technical accounting (preferred)
- CPA highly preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and consistent follow through on assigned tasks
- Experience with financial accounting systems (Intacct helpful)
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Office required
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently in a highly organized manner
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry