Cresco Labs Santa Rosa, CA
- Expired: September 09, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine's Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods ("CPG") approach to cannabis, Cresco's house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy's, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco's national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry's first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation's cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
The Facility Director of Operations will be responsible for all operational activities within our two Santa Rosa facilities (Copperhill and Cub City). More specifically, this position is directly responsible for all Cultivation, Processing, Production, Packaging, Order Fulfillment, Engineering, Maintenance, Materials Management, and Logistics at the sites.
The Facility Director ensures standardization of all departments to the corporate center of excellence (COE) initiatives, drives consistent delivery of finished products for our customers through key metrics such as schedule adherence and cycle time, and promotes a culture of continuous improvement where employees and staff are empowered to elicit changes improving the company's bottom line. This position will report directly to the CA state Regional President.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Accountable for P&L performance for the facility
- Raise the bar with operations management staff by driving key KPIs cross-functionally such as:
- Schedule Adherence
- Cycle Time
- % Yield across the different departments
- Inventory Days on Hand (DOH)
- Lead operational management teams by making data driven decisions that maximize Cresco's shareholder value through support of financial latest estimates (LE), ensure compliance to the corporate COE initiatives, and drive cross-departmental efficiencies.
- Partner with corporate managed counterparts in Quality, Security, Safety, HR and Compliance to ensure facilities are maintained to state regulatory, OSHA, and Cresco quality and HR standards
- Create strategies to improve the efficiencies between Operations and Supply Chain, Sales, IT, Accounting and HR
- Ensure the Operations team functions in line with Cresco Labs' mission and core values
- Responsible for partnering with HR for workforce planning, internal transfers/promotions, and overall hiring efforts
- Manage the overall welfare of the team through training, coaching, and leading by example
- Address company policy violations and work in conjunction with HR and direct managers to administer disciplinary action
- Approve/deny internal costs and reimbursements; i.e. employee engagement and development, lunches, etc.
- Increase Yield to 2.2 per light
- Decrease Pack time with efficiency and automation
- Partner with Sales to Identify the best Revenue Streams
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- College degree: A. or B.S. from accredited university; MBA a plus
- At least 5-7 years in Operations Management with experience running large cross-functional organizations with production totaling over $100MM annually; union experience a plus
- Demonstrated experience in a warehouse/cultivation setting, production line environment GMP/SQF/OSHA/ISO preferred; cannabis industry experience a plus
- Experience leading an organization in a highly regulated environment; California medical marijuana experience a plus
- Effective solutions-based attitude and collaborative, team-focused management style; Strong ability to multitask and work through constant interruption in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated project management coupled with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with Quality, Compliance, Safety, HR, and Security without direct authority
- Proficient in all Office Suites (Google, Microsoft Office) and ability to learn seed-to-sale tracking system
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.