Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is among the largest cultivation, manufacturing and retail cannabis operators in the U.S. We provide a full suite of consistently dosed products catering to all consumers, from the novice to the connoisseur, from the medically treated to the recreational user. The company’s core values emphasize educating consumers while seeking to eliminate social stigmas associated with marijuana. We have developed strong partnerships with dispensaries, law-makers, physicians, and local communities – putting Cresco in a unique position to establish a national operation in the complex and developing cannabis industry.
Cresco aims to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Their operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, they will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market they move in to.
We build a scalable data platform that transforms data from various point of sale, accounting, ecommerce, and marketing systems into our data warehouse in snowflake. This system drives major marketing, sales, and business-related decisions for the larger organization. It is used daily by the Data Analytics team to deliver insights to the business.
Our team of engineers is friendly, curious, driven, and highly collaborative. We support one another and regularly hold code reviews to facilitate learning and reduce friction during our releases. We strive for clean and readable code. Our engineers also work closely with other teams in the company, including data analytics, finance, and marketing.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Process data from many disparate systems depositing them into our snowflake data warehouse as the backbone for our analytical systems.
- Use fivetran to oversee the current ELT process
- Hands-on senior developer to design, develop and test our data platform and continuously improve the performance, availability and scalability of our products.
- Building and maintaining a scalable data platform which processes and transforms data.
- You have a strong sense of ownership which drives you to find ways to do things better, faster, and cheaper
- You look to find new and innovative ways to solve complex problems through rigorous experimentation
- You are open and transparent and work in tight collaboration with other teams at Cresco Labs
- Open to tasks beyond data engineering, for example, there will be occasional 2nd level support for our processes on a rotational basis
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Expert SQL knowledge is required
- Experience building data pipelines
- Experience with both ETL based data pipelines, and ELT data pipelines
- Design and implement database and storage solutions that fits reporting needs
- Experience with distributed data storage systems/formats using parallel processes and/or columnar data stores such as Snowflake, or Redshift
- Experience maintaining a snowflake data warehouse
- Experience with Postgres
- Experience with S3
- Have worked with a major cloud provider such as AWS or Google Cloud
- Knowledge in data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques for big data platforms
- Exposure to Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment & Test-Driven Development preferred
- Machine Learning experience, preferred
- Unix/Linux experience, preferred
- Fivetran experience, preferred
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Our HQ office is located in Chicago, but the engineering team is fully remote. This would be a remote position with occasional travel to Chicago, required.