Director of Neuropsych & Psych for TIRR - Houston, TEXAS - USA
Crescentia Global Talent Solutions Houston, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
Education: Doctoral degree in clinical psychology, clinical neuropsychology, or counseling psychology (because of the training required by this degree, understanding of normal development and aging is implied); Completion of postdoctoral fellowship training in clinical neuropsychology or rehabilitation psychology or equivalent.
Licenses/Certification: Current license to practice psychology from the Texas Board of Examiners of Psychology or eligibility for such licensure; Must be licensed within six (6) months of employment
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
* Five or more (5+) years experience as a member of a multidisciplinary team in either rehabilitation or psychiatric setting; Preference will be given to candidates with prior brain injury rehabilitation experience
* Previous managerial experience
* Must be able to work weekends, evenings and holidays as needed
* Possess basic knowledge of software packages; experience with window based programs preferred
* Maintain certifications in Positive Behavioral Support (PBS) and CPR training every two (2) years
* Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results.
* Manages psychological and neuropsychological services ensuring high levels of professionalism, patient satisfaction, and collaboration with other services providers including physicians while managing appropriate levels of clinical productivity.
* Provides neuropsychological assessment and psychological treatment (individual, group and family) in accordance with the Ethical Principles of Psychologists and the Guidelines for the Practice of Clinical Psychology.
* Performs regular onsite visits to all network locations to provide support, training, and supervision to psychology staff.
* Represents psychological services at Administrative meetings for Network: System Rehab Council, Management Council, Director’s Council, site-specific administrative meetings.
* Provides support for training programs (Fellowship/Practicum)
* Assists with hospital research program. This can take the form of participating on existing projects or developing new projects.
* Interacts effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary treatment team.
* Trains and supervises psychology residents, practicum students and fellows.
* Completes special projects such as participation in presentations, research and others as assigned by the Manager.
* Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all hospital policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
* Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
* Other duties as assigned.
Crescentia Global Talent Solutions
HealthcareView all jobs at Crescentia Global Talent Solutions