Crescent Homes is in search of a an experienced Architect Manager to join our team in Charleston, SC. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Architecture or 5 years of experience in project management for architecture or residential construction. We would love to see candidates with 3 years of experience in residential architecture and wood framed construction, both attached and detached.
We offer competitive salaries, potential bonuses, and great benefits. If you are interested in joining a team which prides itself on going beyond the standard in home building, we urge you to apply!
- Establish design criteria and manage new plan development from conceptual design through final construction documentation
- Prepare and review detailed drawings of architectural construction documents utilizing knowledge of building materials, architectural and engineering practices, and mathematics to complete drawings
- Apply company design guidelines and standards with respect to architecture, structure, mechanical and other building systems
- Produce custom changes for lot specific drawing sets for single-family homes from existing master drawing to comply with buyer request, selected options, and community specifications.
- Provide additional relevant architectural documentation required for permit applications and construction starts.
- Provide assistance in the development of new master drawing database construction documents.
- Review construction in the field for compliance with construction documents, note any differences encountered, confer with others regarding revisions, and make revisions to documents or provide additional clarifying information as may be required.
- Make revisions to existing construction drawings to comply with required code changes, specifications, structural requirements and design enhancements.
- Consult with the sales and construction teams for custom plan clarifications and field required revisions.
- Convert existing plan AutoCAD LT format to AutoCAD Architecture
- Coordinate the creation of engineering plan sets with outside consultants
- Respond, document and help manage the plan improvement and error reduction process as related to architecture
- Prepare and document weekly work schedule – individual and consultants
- Participate in prototype walks and field reviews of homes
- Review marketing collateral for accuracy and completeness versus architectural plans
- Assist with special projects as requested and perform additional duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or 5 years equivalent experience in project management for architecture or residential construction
- 3 years of experience in residential architecture and wood framed construction, both attached and detached
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Detail oriented with strong communication and organization skills
- Professional demeanor with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Versatility and a team player attitude; willingness to work outside of basic job parameters
- 5 years’ experience working with AutoCAD
- 1-year experience working with Revit or AutoCAD Architecture
Crescent Homes SC LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled