Medical/Surgical RN needed in Winston - Salem, NC (New Grads will be accepted)
1. Utilizes the nursing process to provide patient/family centered carefocusing on the physical, emotional, spiritual, cultural, religious, andenvironmental needs. This includes providing for the assessment,development of nursing diagnoses, outcome identification, planning,implementation of interventions, coordination of care, health teaching andpromotion and evaluation of goals and interventions consistent with thepolicies of the hospital.
2. Maintains a safe, therapeutic, and healing environment through ensuringpatient privacy and responsive, respectful, accepting, and professionalbehavior. Utilizes and promotes the use of technology and equipment toenhance the safety of patients and staff.
3. Communicates effectively to promote sharing of information throughout thecontinuum of care and as an effective member of the healthcare team.
4. Demonstrates the ability to function in a professional setting throughactive participation in a professional practice model. This includesparticipating in shared governance, adherence to standards of care,participation in peer review and professional development promoting leadershipand clinical excellence, effective team skills, autonomous practice andacknowledgment of accountability for actions and critical thinking.
5. Acts as a patient advocate throughout the continuum of care including allpatient settings and in the community.
6. Coordinates the effective and efficient delivery of patient care servicesthrough the application of care management principles. Identifies clinicalpriorities and initiates action to improve patient outcomes.
7. Demonstrates ability to function in a professional practice model throughactive participation in shared governance, promotion of a healthy workenvironment and acceptance of personal responsibility for professional growth.
Education / Experience: Graduation from accreditedschool of nursing. BSN preferred.
Licensure, Certification and / or Registration: RN licensure in NC. BasicCardiac Life Support (BCLS) required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) orPediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) may be required within one year inselect areas. Performs and maintains competency for point-of-care testing asassigned; waived and or non-waived, ensuring compliance with policies andwith applicable state and federal regulations.
Skills and Qualifications:
Ability to provide direct and indirect patient care
Verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work collaboratively