Job ID: 55151
Location: Atlanta, GA
The Atlanta Public School System is seeking the services for a Testing Support Specialist to provide EOG/EOC/Access technical support to the Client school district.
The Testing support specialist will work with IT Infrastructure, State of Georgia and testing
vendors. The Testing support specialist will be responsible for ensuring that the IT division is on schedule with preparing all of the technology requirements for all state-required assessments. He/she will work under the general supervision of the IT Support Director.
Scope of Work/Key Responsibilities:
- Advance knowledge and understanding of state technology requirements and compliance regulations.
- To provide support to help the district meet the state minimum goal of 100% of all required test takers to successfully complete the EOC/EOG Milestone Exams and other tests with the use of technology online or as required.
- Prepare all testing stakeholders and IT support with the guideline materials and processes for test readiness. Develop a proactive wing-to-wing strategy for testing support.
- Proficiency in security controls specifically: implementing, administering and maintaining the Cisco ASA firewall.
- Acts as the liaison for IT with the state, testing vendor, testing assessment, SMEs, service desk and field support.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years' work experience (minimum) … 7+ years preferred:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related discipline is required.
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of computer science, K12 and testing regulations relating to instruction.
- Prior experience with IT Testing Support is a MUST.
- Must have a clean criminal record with the ability to pass fingerprint background check
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must hold a valid driver's license.
- Creativity and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and responsibly
- Ability to work effectively on tight deadlines, as necessary
- Excellent command of English language
- Oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills, including the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers
- Positive, productive team player
- Desire to learn new skills and improve
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree (preferred).5-7 years' experience in network support. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Work collaboratively with testing assessment to plan IT support for all computer-based testing to include CTAE and other programs (Title – I etc.). Knowledge of IRS and DOL regulations relating to qualified plans. Gifted and all district benchmark assessments and any new testing technology required. The specialist will need to work a flexible 19.5 hours weekly schedule.(Between 8 – 4:30)