The Business Development Specialist acts as a liaison between all Creole Cuisine Restaurant
Concepts locations and the tourism/hospitality industry. The Business Development Specialist
creates and maintains lasting partnerships with hotels and other hospitality professionals by
hosting socials, dinners, catering meetings/events and offering “exclusive promotions” for these
individuals. The Business Development Specialist executes all off-site events and marketing events.
Actively promotes the brand to the business community and creates opportunities to deepen brand
engagement and cultivate new relationships. Plays an integral role in sharing and bringing our
brand strategy to life.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Support Business Development Manager on building existing relationships and
prospecting new partnerships relative to brand awareness and community engagement
• Execute day-to-day hotel routes assigned by the Business Development Manager
• Complete hotel reports and dining logs
• Execute community engagement programs, offsite participation, promotions and other
events to grow and engage audiences and followers
• Work in conjunction with the marketing team to brainstorm, develop and execute
marketing events, promotional materials, and marketing campaigns to market our different
concepts to the appropriate audience
• Collaborate with vendors to effectively execute marketing campaigns.
• Manage in-coming partnership inquiries
• Organize socials and events for Hospitality industry professionals to showcase the different
• Work with Organizations around the city to build brand awareness, through off-site events
• Proactively identifies opportunities to engage with target audiences
• Ability to participate and work evenings & weekend events as needed.
• Maintain a consistent system of documented reporting of impact and metrics.
• Other responsibilities as assigned
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Attendance & Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work
responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
• Business Acumen & Cost Consciousness - Understands financial implications of decisions;
Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with locations goals.
Exhibits cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational
• Guest Service - Manages difficult or emotional guest situations; Responds promptly to guest
needs; Solicits guest feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance;
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes
responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary
to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate
• Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural
differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free
environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
• Ethics & Judgement - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of
others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organization values. Displays
willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and
explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process;
Makes timely decisions.
• Innovation & Adaptability - Displays original thinking and creativity;
Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work;
Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner
that gets others' attention. Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing
demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change,
delays, or unexpected events.
• Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform
well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others;
Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Provides vision and inspiration
to peers and subordinates.
• Motivation & Initiative - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates
persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated
risks to accomplish goals. Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased
responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes
advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative
situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group
presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes
administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits
organization through outside activities;
• Planning & Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans
for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their
tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes
information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving
situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position;
Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments. Focuses on solving
conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps
emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote
quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase
productivity; Works quickly.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines
appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment
and materials properly.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness
to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts
success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and
objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development
opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and
grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and
interpret written information.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four (4) year college or university; or one to two years
related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional
journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write
reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present
information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, guests, and the general
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations
where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished
in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish
facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the team member is regularly required to stand; walk; use
hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk
or hear and taste or smell. The team member is occasionally required to sit for extended periods of
time. The team member must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently move up to 50
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the team member is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid
conditions; outside weather conditions including the heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.