Reports To: Sous Chef
Status: Non-Exempt Job Category: Front Line Worker
The Utility Worker performs a number of kitchen activities including pot washing, dish washing, general cleaning duties and the storing food and non food supplies.
- Cleans kitchen thoroughly daily, including mopping floors at designated times.
- Stores food and non-food supplies with proper labeling procedures per title 22 regulations
- Sets up the dish and pot washing area.
- Prepares for dish washing and washes pots, dishes and utensils.
- Distributes and stores clean pots, dishes and utensils.
- Empties trash containers as required.
- Keeps storerooms, freezers, refrigerators, production equipment, work surfaces and kitchen clean and sanitized per the cleaning schedule or when asked by a supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in English.
- Ability to set up and operate dish washing equipment.
- Ability to properly store and stock items per title 22 regulations and the FIFO method.
Our employees are expected to exemplify our STAR Core Values every day:
Residents & Colleagues
Aim for Excellence
- Show compassion, sincerity, & humility
- Delight our residents
- Support & appreciate our employees
• Work together, share knowledge, be inclusive, & deliver results
• Develop an environment where people can thrive
• Have a competitive spirit
• Continuously improve
• Make sound decisions & take action
• Have pride in our performance
• Encourage employee learning & development
• Value work/life balance & wellness
• Respect others
• Honor our word
• Demonstrate integrity in all we do
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Works indoors; must be able to stand/walk for 100% of the work day; must be able to lift and carry up to 50+ lbs. independently; must be able to push and pull bus carts and tray carts weighing up to 100 lbs. independently; must be able to bend, stoop, reach, and balance frequently throughout the work day. Must be able to perform sweeping/mopping functions with ease. May be exposed to quick variance of hot and cold temperatures from ovens and freezers. May be exposed to industrial cleaning chemicals, and to hot water temperatures regularly.
CreekView is a 5-star rated Health Center located in Pleasanton, adjacent to the campus of Stoneridge Creek, a large resort-style Continuing Care Retirement Community. CreekView offers 48 Medicare certified Skilled Nursing beds and 49 Assisted Living apartments. CreekView provides professional staffing 24 hours a day, as well as full-service rehabilitation resources including physical, occupational and speech therapy. Set in a beautiful location our residents enjoy delicious meals; many planned social, recreational, educational and cultural activities; and compassionate assistance with daily living, all with the goal of the highest level of independence possible.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities at our community. We are committed to hiring high quality, professional and caring individuals. We value and recognize the importance of supporting, training, and retaining our employees to better serve our residents. We look for employees with a passion for customer service.
Prior to beginning work at our community, applicants must complete and pass a drug screening, physical exam with tuberculosis (TB) skin test, and criminal clearance through FBI and Department of Justice (over 18 only). The background search includes minor misdemeanors and DUIs.
CreekView Health Center offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with match.
Apply here http://creekview.hrmdirect.com