The Custodian is responsible for major floor care projects, public area cleaning, and trash disposal; working with other custodians and assisting in the job special request and dispatching work among the other custodians, and communicating with the other shift custodians.
- Maintains floors and carpets within the Community.
- Picks up and removes trash from trash rooms, offices, and other locations within the Community.
- Cleans all public areas.
- Provides preventive maintenance to housekeeping machines such as vacuums, carpet shampooers, and floor machines.
- Completes all meeting room setups in the auditorium, arts and crafts room, lobby, etc.
- Maintains all grounds, golf courses, tennis courts clean throughout the shift.
- Previous janitor experience strongly preferred
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in English, communicate effectively, and perform simple arithmetic.
- Previous floor maintenance experience strongly preferred but not required. Knowledge of floor care procedures, techniques, and supplies preferred, but not required.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in English and communicate effectively, and perform simple arithmetic.
- Willingness to perform routines, repetitive tasks.
- Ability to drive utility vehicles