Chief Technology Officer
Are you looking for a rewarding career with a growing organization? Are you a strong IT leader in the banking or credit union industry? Credit Union of Georgia is looking for a talented and experienced Chief Technology Officer to help drive growth and the member experience through IT strategy.
The Chief Technology Officer provides strategic direction on the technology platforms to further organizational strategic initiatives. This role is responsible for providing the vision and leadership to proactively create and direct enterprise-wide IT systems that support business operations and service quality, while improving efficiency and enhancing the digital experience across all channels, meeting the ever-changing needs and expectations of our members.
- Responsible for upholding and adhering to Credit Union of Georgia’s brand standards including following all of the steps of our unique member experience program (journEASE) to Engage, Ask, Solve and Excite to deliver exceptional member service every time.
- Establish the technical vision and strategic direction for both the Organization’s internal and external facing technological development and future growth.
- Align IT objectives and programs to overall objectives and strategies of the organization.
- Lead the planning of all information systems including all hardware and software conversion, purchase, development, and enhancement projects.
- Manages operational and administrative functions of the IT department and staff with an emphasis on workflow, work methods, and work progression. Evaluates performance of employees for personal contribution to the Credit Union and to determine if IT goals and objectives are being accomplished.
- Mentors and coaches IT staff for improving professional skills and career development.
- Create, maintain, and enforce written policies and procedures as applicable for the Information Technology Department and technology throughout the Credit Union.
- Lead in the maintenance and development of the business continuity plan for the Credit Union.
- Develop and implement long-range strategic plans to address the ever-changing information technology field in order to best meet the demands of the Credit Union’s internal and external members.
- Proactively collaborate and work in a consultative fashion with credit union leadership across all departments to assess and recommend technologies that support organizational needs and improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Researches and recommends current and future technology updates for alignment with credit union organizational and strategic business goals. Includes investigation and analysis of expanded uses for data processing applications, or changes and alternation of data processing/telecommunication hardware and software.
- Implements and maintains measures that provide the highest level of security for all technology and telecommunication systems required to be in compliance with all regulatory agencies and credit union policies and procedures. This includes Internet applications and any other devices that link data processing applications and information to members and outside third-party vendors.
- Oversees the maintenance of hardware and software at the Credit Union's disaster recovery site and provides technical support for disaster recovery testing.
- Negotiates third-party agreements as they relate to implementation and maintenance. Serves as chief liaison between the Credit Union and technology/telecommunications vendors.
- Attends seminars/external training as identified to promote personal and professional skills required to demonstrate technology/telecommunications expertise throughout the Credit Union.
- Prepares input for operating budget. Monitors budget activity on a regular basis ensuring budget criteria and cost control measures are maintained and directs significant special projects as required.
- Participate as a member of the Executive Management Team in establishing governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately, and the Organization’s resources are used responsibly.
- Provide leadership that supports the Organization’s culture, mission, and values.
- Stay abreast of all industry trends in technology and ensure that the Credit Union’s systems and structure meet member needs and adhere to the Credit Union’s strategic plan.
- 7 to 10 years of progressive IT leadership responsibilities preferably at a credit union or bank.
- Excellent writing, presentation, verbal communication skills, and team/interpersonal leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle various projects simultaneously and have effective project management/product development skills.
- Demonstrated success in leading the work of others and collaborating cross-functionally to meet deadlines, manage projects and human talent, and successfully execute a wide range of large-scale business objectives.
No phone calls. No recruiters.
Credit Union of Georgia is an equal opportunity employer.
Credit Union of GeorgiaKennesaw, GA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.