Credit Analyst - Consumer Loan Underwriter
Credit Union 1 Lombard, IL
- Posted: 12 days ago
Join the Credit Union 1 Team
If you are highly motivated, friendly and looking for a great place to work, join the Credit Union 1 team. As an employee of Credit Union 1, you will be part of a well-established and respected financial institution that offers you amazing benefits, along with both stability and the opportunity for a great career path.
The Credit Analyst is responsible for underwriting consumer loan requests, inclusive of third-party partnerships, and contributes to the achievement of consumer lending growth, profitability, asset quality and member service objectives.
- Analyzes, approves and denies loan requests in the context of CU1's loan policy and underwriting guidelines. Collects and analyzes member data regarding income, assets, and debt ratio to determine whether and what financial product a member is eligible.
- Ensures that all loan requests are properly evaluated to determine the member's credit worthiness and maximum credit limit availability, along with timely delivery.
- Maintains strong knowledge of all lending policies, procedures, products, and applicable regulations to support compliance and quality control objectives.
- Protects the Credit Union by monitoring applications for red flags and potential fraud, escalating applications when necessary.
- Communicates loan decisions with accuracy and efficiency; supports all branches of lending and projects as a Subject Matter Expert.
- Acts as liaison between Consumer Lending and internal members, including branch staff and other department staff.
- Conduct one's self in a kind, courteous, and helpful manner to all members, both external and internal.
- Works with third party vendors as needed; including auditing of loan files for accuracy and working to secure our lien on collateralized loans.
- Actively participates in training/education activities to maintain and enhance professional and technical skills, relative to industry standards and trends, which supports the professional development of lending personnel.
- Resolves member issues relating to loan decisions.
- Perform other duties and assist other employees, as assigned.
- High school diploma required.
- Must be a self-starter, researching information where needed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong attention to detail.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Requires professional appearance and attitude.
- Must have the ability to adjust to changes in duties and methods.
- Proficient with spreadsheets and word processing software
- Must have availability for a rotating Saturday shift.
Top reasons to begin a career at Credit Union 1:
- Get paid for NOT working 13 holidays each year
- PTO: Vacation, Sick, and Personal time off
- Tuition reimbursement for approved courses (after 1 year)
- Free employee assistance program
- Career growth opportunities it's our philosophy to promote from within whenever possible. Credit Union 1 is committed to your success and professional development.
- Excellent benefits packages including:
- Medical PPO Insurance (low cost)
- Dental & Vision Insurance (employee coverage 100% company paid)
- Life, AD&D and long-term disability insurance (100% company paid)
- 401(k) Retirement and Profit Sharing Plan
- Being part of a team providing services with the goal of improving the ongoing economic well-being of our members
- Reports regularly to the Consumer Lending Manager / Assistant Loan Manager
- Works regularly with lending personnel on an "as needed" basis.
- Has regular contact with vendors to maintain quality service to the members.
Office Location: 450 E 22nd St., Lombard, IL 60148
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Credit Union 1
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Credit Union 1