Senior BI Data Analyst I
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who is Credible?
We are a marketplace where users can compare personalized, prequalified rates and quotes from multiple lenders and carriers, for student loans, mortgages, personal loans and insurance.
We're challenging the status quo by giving power to the consumer. We believe in a world where 'ethical', 'lending', and 'insurance' can coexist, so we set out to build innovative platforms that actually work for customers. Our mission is to help people find the best loan or insurance policy possible.
We believe researching and buying loans or insurance shouldn't be confusing or complex, so we've focused on simplicity. We've created the only unbiased loan and insurance buying process out there, which makes finding options straightforward and clear.
About the Role:
Credible is looking for a data-driven, results-oriented Senior Data Analyst to join the Business Intelligence and Analytics team. This role will be integral in providing insights that inform company decisions across several business functions including user acquisition, brand marketing, product development, finance, and operations. This is a great opportunity for you to join a growth stage company and contribute to the success of our products and the continual improvement of our user and customer experiences.
- Partner with teams across the organization (product development, marketing, etc) to understand their analytics needs and produce dashboards and analytics solutions that allow them to execute more effectively
- Work with business leaders to define key metrics and build reporting to monitor performance along those metrics
- Conduct in-depth data analyses that lead to actionable insights, owning the entire process from ideation to execution to presentation of findings to stakeholders
- Help structure A/B tests, establish goals and define instrumentation and logging requirements for tests and features
- Develop data models in our data warehouse that enable performant, intuitive analyses
- Collaborate effectively with Data Engineers to productionalize data models
- Help drive requirements for purpose built data pipelines
- Become an expert on all aspects of Credible's data and analytics infrastructure
- Be the driving force behind the adoption and effective use of our BI tools across Credible
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS in a quantitative field
- 5+ years of work experience as a data analyst, data engineer, or in a highly analytical role
- Experience writing SQL queries and optimizing data models
- Experience leveraging visualization/reporting tools (Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience using Excel for analysis
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing, which includes providing input into structuring experiments appropriately
- Strong grasp of statistics and experience conducting rigorous data analyses
- Experience using the command line and git repositories
- Experience with a scripting language (preferably Python) for data processing and analysis a plus
- Experience developing models and visualizations in Looker a plus
- Experience at an e-commerce or fintech company a plus
Nice to Have:
- The capacity to juggle multiple priorities effectively within a fast-paced environment is critical
- You're a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Anticipate business needs and think with a business owner mindset – think critically about analyses, don't just complete them
- Passion for spreading the value of data throughout the company and communicating insights to a broad audience with varying levels of technical expertise
- Experience with business to consumer (B2C)
We combine the intelligence, expertise and confidence of a financial advisor with the approachability and honesty of a friend. In other words, we're the friend you always wish you had in finance.
We are optimistic, challengers, trustworthy, clever, and smart. We are open and transparent. We strive to act as advisors by being friendly, objective, and open in our communication. We use language that is intelligent yet approachable. When appropriate, we'll drop in a bit of wit to position ourselves as a fresh, reliable voice in the financial world.
AddressSan Francisco, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Credible