Creative Metal Works has been in business for over 30 years. We are hiring an experienced CAD Drafter/Designer to help with a large demand for our services. If you're dedicated and ambitious, Creative Metal Works is an excellent place to grow your career!
Creative Metal Works designs, fabricates and installs quality maintenance-free architectural metal products in our Colorado Springs shop. We design and build iron & steel railings, gates, spiral stairs, steel stairways and just about anything that is an architectural metal product.
This position will be part-time to full-time depending on experience and your preferences. If you have basic CAD skills, this position will most likely be 15-30 hours a week. If you are adept at reading a tape measure, have a basic understanding of construction and can measure jobs and then create the design and shop drawings, this will be a full time, 40 hour a week position. We are looking for the best fit with our company and people and are therefore flexible with skills, hours and schedule. If you are fluent in CAD but not AutoCAD, let's talk. We are willing to train the right person.
We pay 7 holidays per year, sick & vacation pay starts at 90 days
Starting pay and pay structure will be based on experience. Please provide your resume with pay history and we will contact you.
PLEASE, no walk-ins or calls. We will contact you either way.
Thank you for your interest!
Bill Costain, Owner
- Use AutoCAD software to create detailed 2D shop and presentation drawings for simple as well as complex projects. We actually use DraftSight which is almost identical to AutoCAD
- Collaborate with other team members to coordinate design, details, timelines and solve problems
- Make revisions to designs as requested
- 1+ years experience using CAD software
- AutoCAD or DraftSight experience preferred but not required
- Knowledge of basic math
- Ability to think spatially & envision mirrored, flipped and rotated images and structures
- Consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with others to solve problems
- Basic knowledge of construction industry preferred but not required
- Basic knowledge of building codes as it applies to railings and stairs preferred but not required
- Basic knowledge of architectural/ornamental metal fabrication preferred but not required
- Comfortable with sitting for long periods of time