Creative Materials Corporation (www.creativematerialscorp.com), established in 1993, specializes in the supply of architectural tile and natural stone to the commercial construction industry. With corporate offices in Albany, NY and established markets across the U.S., Creative Materials represents hundreds of manufacturers of interior and exterior finish materials worldwide and excels in the promotion and specification of said materials with architects, interior designers and multi-unit corporate brands. With a focus on large commercial projects and multi-unit national account brands, Creative Materials can provide its clients with a unique value proposition including dedicated service teams, project management and superior logistics services ensuring that the supply of its building materials to complex commercial construction projects is achieved on time and on budget.
Creative Materials closely manages all projects from the initial design and specification stage to ordering and delivery of material. The company also provides value-based information on installation and maintenance. Logistics, customer service and sales departments are all integrated and create an attentive and dedicated team that proactively responds to the client and understands the entire design, development and construction process.
Position is based in Texas. Open to Dallas or Houston.
Creative Materials Corporation (CMC), a national distributor of architecturally specified porcelain/ceramic tile and related products, is seeking an Architectural Sales Consultant to drive the development of its business portfolio in the Texas market. Drawing on decades of experience and success in other markets calling on large A&D firms, we are seeking to rapidly expand into this territory and specify our products for use on major commercial construction projects specified in the market.
We have experienced extensive success in other regional markets and are highly confident that with the right salespeople on the ground, we can quickly replicate and exceed the success we have in other metro areas. With an offering of highly desirable, architecturally-focused manufacturers at our disposal, and a strong support infrastructure from our home office for logistics, shipping, and operational support, we are confident that this region can grow significantly in both the near and long term.
· Coordinate regular field sales activities including prospecting and lead generation. Identify, qualify and close opportunities with existing and new clients and customers.
· Interact regularly with buying influencers to specify our products for future sales on commercial projects, then ultimately close those sales and convert into revenue.
· Proactively develop, track and aggressively grow top line sales and margins across market segments. Continually build a proactive pipeline of new and existing clients and accounts.
· Conduct technical product presentations with a high degree of knowledge and professional delivery to address issues, needs, trends, technical attributes, and provide solution offerings.
· Introduce new products, programs, promotions and specification tools to Architects and Designers and consistently reinforce the value proposition of our offering and its advantage in the market.
· Develop and prepare sales plans and regularly make sales forecast revisions to assess business potential and growth trends. Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for management indicating revenue projections, sales volume, prospective clients, customer satisfaction and other measures of sales performance.
· Network and strategically evangelize the company to the A&D community as well as within our industry to expand brand notoriety.
· Be an active part of local professional associations in the market.
Skills and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required
· 5+ years of related professional experience (3+ years of architectural sales or interior design background desired)
· Exceptional professional presence and communication skill, both written and oral, is critical.
· Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and ability to multi task. Highly motivated self-starter who will specify finish materials for commercial construction projects and demonstrate success in closing those sales and driving revenue in a team based collaborative environment.
· Exceptional communication skills with a “take charge” attitude, this professional will infuse a high sense of urgency, responsiveness and discipline throughout the sales organization. They will be recognized as an accomplished sales professional with a direct and honest style.
· Demonstrated success at managing multiple tactical and strategic initiatives, effectively prioritizing time and resources.